Fix online banking issues after restoring from backup

Options
oraclemetro
oraclemetro Member ✭✭
Quicken Windows Premier R41.19

Everything had been working fine with one step update for the past couple of months. Then I had to restore from a backup, and now Citibank and Barclays Bank are throwing CC-800 errrors, saying that it appears one or more accounts have been deleted, possibly through restoring from backup. When I click the Fix button, it goes online, then finds the account, but the only option is "don't add to quicken" (no option for link to existing account or add account. So I tried deactivating the account in the account list, and reactivating. Same result - the accounts are found, but only "don't add to quicken" is available. Any suggestions?

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    @oraclemetro - have you tried these troubleshooting steps?

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

I have found that the "File > Copy or Backup File" is effective in resolving the CC-800 error.  Once you do this process, online services for all your accounts will be disconnected and you will need to set up online services again. 

• oraclemetro
    oraclemetro Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Damian - I did get it working again. Since I had restored from a backup, the problem I had was that the Quicken's steps to re-add the accounts online access didn't work. I finally remembered an extra step given to me by on a support call, which was to remove the financial institution name from the account (after deactivating online access) before re-connecting them. Even that took a few tries, but I'm fortunate that everything is working again.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am glad you got it working again.  The "File > Copy or Backup File" also removes the financial institution name, but it removes all of them.  It worked for me because I had the CC-800 issue on more than one financial institution.
  • oraclemetro
    oraclemetro Member ✭✭
    Options
    Ah, now I understand. Since this happened as a result of restoring from a backup, I didn't think there would be any point in doing another File Copy. When you do the File Copy or Backup, do you then restore from that new version, or does it remove the connection for the original file?

Also, when I did re-add online access, it changed the starting balance for one of the accounts. This was a behavior that I noticed when fixing my CC-800;s a couple of months ago. I now put the starting balance in the memo field of the first transaction so that I don't have restore old versions to find it!
This discussion has been closed.