Reminder dates

kenz5103
kenz5103 Member ✭✭
When I set a reminder date of 7 days and a 0 day to enter in the register this [Removed - Disruptive] system automatically resets the 0 to 7 to enter in the register. I do not want it entered in the register until I put it there. Fix it, it used to work that way and I want it back.

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you running?

It's not clear what you mean by "a 0 day to enter in the register".

On R41.19 and for as long as I can remember in earlier versions, when I set up a manual reminder, the first choice under Optional settings is either Auto enter XX days in advance or Remind me XX days in advance. Clicking on Change gives you radio buttons to choose Auto enter or Remind me. If you select Remind me, it does not automatically enter anything.

Do you see different behavior?

QWin Premier subscription
  • kenz5103
    kenz5103 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Ken Zeiszler [email address redacted; please do not post personal information]
    Attachments
    I am running Quicken R42.8, and Build 27.1.42.8 on Windows 10 Enterprise.
    Attached is a jpg of a screenshot showing exactly where I am referring to in the program. As I stated earlier I have the remind me date set at 10 and 0 for when I want it to be entered in my register. As I want to enter it manually. I do not see how I can make this any clearer !!
    I am getting more and more frustrated with Quicken as each time I open the program there is an update downloading. However, I have sent a couple of comments on areas that need to be fixed but yet nothing has been done about them.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    The reminder shown in your image is set to "Remind you 10 days in advance" of Due Date (7/20). So, on or after 7/10 it'll appear in your transaction register as if it was a real register transaction already. That's because you have enabled a feature in Quicken account registers to show reminders in the register a few days in advance.
    A reminder transaction can be identified by the clock icon in the leftmost register column (the one with a blue dot in the column header, aka the Status column)
    To work with this reminder transaction as a reminder, e.g., to execute the reminder, click the clock icon and choose from a popup menu.
    You can still work with this reminder as usual using the Bill and Income Reminders tab at the bottom of the register or one of the Bill and Income Reminder views in the Home tab or the Bills, Income & Transfers view.
  • kenz5103
    kenz5103 Member ✭✭
    Sorry to say you guys are missing the boat. I want the bill to appear as a reminder in the 7 days (or whatever number I decide) prior to the date it is due. I DO NOT want it entered into the register prior to when I put it there myself. Your method above does not allow that.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    @kenz5103 - I think I understand what you are saying.  

The "Remind me" and the "Automatically enter" number of days are defaulting to the same number.  In other words, whatever number you put in the "Remind me" field is also put in the "Automatically enter" field.

You are able to put different numbers in these fields initially and hit OK, but when you go back in, the numbers are the same. 

I agree this is odd behavior, but I think as long as you have the "Remind me" field selected, you should be ok, and the transaction shouldn't be automatically added to your register.

Let me know if you have actually seen the transaction added automatically to your register.  If so, then this is a bug that would need to be addressed.

• kenz5103
    kenz5103 Member ✭✭
    Thank you for understanding what I have been trying to get across to the others that have answered. And yes it does automatically enter the scheduled transaction into the register. This is a pain in the backside for me.
  • @lrmz5103 - the two options should be mutually exclusive, meaning if you choose one, you cannot choose the other.  But are you saying that if you choose "Remind me", it is also automatically entering the date as well?  If so, then that is definitely a bug.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @kenz5103 , what is your setting in the account register "Show reminders for next [xx] days"?
    How about you turn this setting off, i.e., set it to "Don't show reminders"? Would that make your problem go away?
This discussion has been closed.