R42.8 - Account List re-ordering, support for Venmo & Paypal

retird
retird Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2022 in Installing and Updating (Windows)
Not a serious bug but is a bug....

After updating to R42.8 I noticed that the order of ALL of my accounts on the Accounts List was no longer in the proper order like they have been for years. This new order also populates wrong on the Home Page.  Was easily fixed but shouldn't have changed just by installing the R42.8 update.  

Hopefully my one step update next Monday will not have any issues.

I did a one step update and saved a backup before updating to R42.8. This step is absolutely a "must do" before updating Quicken.

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

Comments

• jr_ece
    jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I have 2 issues.

1) R42.8 automatically updated on the launch of Quicken. As previously discussed on these updates, I did not have a choice to decline the update. I've checked the settings as suggested on past threads.

2) Venmo and paypal downloads appear broken with R42.8. Again. The message for both is "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)" Then a little white space with a second message. "Quicken is having trouble connecting to Venmo." (or paypal). Both updated without issue until R42.8 at least since getting fixed from a previous buggy version of Quicken. Anyone seeing this issue?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I suggest that you post your #2 comment into a new thread topic -
    On your #1 for the updating.... what "settings" did you check ?
    and the Account List ordering has been mentioned in other postings -

[Edited for Readability]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    jr_ece said:

1) R42.8 automatically updated on the launch of Quicken. As previously discussed on these updates, I did not have a choice to decline the update. I've checked the settings as suggested on past threads.
    You do have a choice, it is done in Windows (not Quicken), and this is how you can remain in control and decide if you wish to accept or decline an update:

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Ps56k2 said:
    I've suggested your #2 be split into a new thread topic -
    On your #1 for the updating.... what "settings" did you check ?
    and the Account List ordering has been mentioned in other postings -

Ok.... then the account listing ordering is a known bug.....  

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• jr_ece
    jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
    BK said:
    jr_ece said:

You do have a choice, it is done in Windows (not Quicken), and this is how you can remain in control and decide if you wish to accept or decline an update:

@BK as mentioned, I have tripled checked these settings. I have made no changes and yet R42.8 automatically installed on the launch of Quicken. Others have also had this happen on specific updates as I have also previously mentioned. To underscore my point on this, R42.19 (HF1) CORRECTLY popped up the prompt as you've shown.

It certainly appears the Quicken application breaks the Windows install rules and forces specific updates. Again, I'm not changing settings and yet one version auto installs the next does not. Go figure.
  • retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    @jr_ece, Installing a new Version of Quicken automatically installed R42.19. I thought R42.19 was only still offered to a select few but guess it is no longer only a few but now everybody... BUT  the bug that I mentioned to start this conversation appears to be fixed... When I originally started this conversation my title mentioned and stated something different than the current title. Somebody changed it.... 

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    jr_ece said:
    It certainly appears the Quicken application breaks the Windows install rules and forces specific updates. Again, I'm not changing settings and yet one version auto installs the next does not. Go figure.
    Thank you for the info - certainly puzzling.  Fortunately I am able to decline them and hence no update has been pushed on me without my consent.  I suggest that you contact or report the problem to Quicken via Help > Report a problem
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.