How to access Quicken data while away from home

Dbaker450
Dbaker450 Member ✭✭
Suppose I move out of the state of California. What can I do to take Quicken with me? Maybe I will buy a new computer with my new life. How can I handle that? What about the interim? At present I have a Sony All-in-one. take it with? or put everything on cloud?
What would you suggest? Thanks for insights.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    HUH ? - what does moving around anywhere have to do with software on your computer ?
    Unless, you mean you will NOT have your computer, and are looking for ways Quicken can access your data ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Dbaker450
    Dbaker450 Member ✭✭
    I will be without my computer for several weeks. Would you suggest I borrow a computer to keep bills paid? switch to Quicken for for my phone? Can I access my data from another computer? Do I pay more to do this?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, not sure what you are doing - or what you want exactly....
    If you have a current version of Quicken.... you can enable the Quicken Cloud - SYNC - and sleect specific Quicken accounts to be mirrored in the Quicken Cloud and therefore avail for access from Quicken Mobile App or any browser & Quicken Web.
    This is just a simple view of the Quicken accounts, realtime, but still simple with none of the complex features of the Quicken desktop software.  If you need to perform some specific financial function, not reflected in these options, then .... ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lastly - as a few of the other users might suggest - there is Windows Remote Access to a running desktop

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I've done in the past, when my Quicken ran on a desktop computer and I went on vacation or a business trip, was to install Quicken on a laptop and transfer a backup of my desktop Q file to the laptop.
    Upon return from vacation I would backup the Q laptop file one last time, transfer the file to the desktop and replace the Q desktop file with the laptop file.
    As to paying my bills: Practically all my routine bills like telephone, gas, electricity, credit cards, etc. are set up to be automatically paid by the biller on due date. Ditto for the paycheck deposits. I can be out of town for an extended period and all my bills still get paid on time (for as long as there's enough money in the checking account to cover the bills)
  • Dbaker450
    Dbaker450 Member ✭✭
    Got it! I think that will help me. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.