There are no uncleared items to reconcile - Reconcile no longer works

Options
J_Rapp
J_Rapp Member ✭✭
I constantly get the message "There are no uncleared items to reconcile" now since upgrade to R41.19. It does not matter if there in one or many cleared items, it does not matter if I have a Web Connect bank or standard bank download. Reconciliation does not work. I can not perform it manually either.

I see many postings recently on this same topic, and it appears to be a problem with current versions since May 2022 or later. For instance...

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7913113/accounts-wont-reconcile-anymore

Please don't provide info to me about "Validate and Repair your Quicken File" - This is already done, or how to backup and restore, already done. It would be better to provide information collected on multiple similar threads in recent two months and see if there is a correlation as to cause and effect.

Sincerely, 20 year Quicken user.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Options
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: FAQ: How does Quicken determine which transactions qualify for a reconcile?
  • J_Rapp
    J_Rapp Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please, this is also not an issue as the recent "Date" are the same as the Downloaded "Posting Date". This is not the cause. I would like to hear someone from Quicken Tech Support community ONLY, as multiple other posts to this same RECONCILE tag line have heard this same FAQ and have not had it as the solution, as in my case as well.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J_Rapp said:
    Please, this is also not an issue as the recent "Date" are the same as the Downloaded "Posting Date". This is not the cause. I would like to hear someone from Quicken Tech Support community ONLY, as multiple other posts to this same RECONCILE tag line have heard this same FAQ and have not had it as the solution, as in my case as well.
    If you want to hear someone from Quicken Tech Support community ONLY, I suggest you only contact Quicken Support: select Help > Contact Support > Contact Quicken Support

I suggest you compare the statement ending date with the posting date of the unreconciled transaction as explained in the FAQ.  

Note: As the Online Balance Quicken obtains from the financial institution is unreliable, I suggest reconciling using a statement: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, and press Ctrl + R
  • J_Rapp
    J_Rapp Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Sherlock said:
    > Note: As the Online Balance Quicken obtains from the financial institution is unreliable (not working), I suggest reconciling using a statement: open the register, press <b>Ctrl + Shift + E</b>, select the <i>Online Services</i> tab, uncheck <i>Reconcile using online balance</i>, select <b>OK</b>, and press <b>Ctrl + R</b>

Well, got to hand it to Sherlock that he came up with the right steps to be able to perform a manual reconciliation. The solution detailed had to do with the step to uncheck the <i>"Reconcile using online balance"</i> in the Online Services tab.

Once I performed the steps above, I was able to manually perform at least one account reconciliation. Then I put back the check back on the <i>"Reconcile using online balance"</i> on the one reconciled account. Then was able to perform a One Step Update and perform all other reconcile functions normally.

Root Cause Possibility: It could be that my subscription with Quicken and those Online services had lapsed. I had renewed two days after expiration. None-the-less, the online service restriction placed on the Reconcile function with financial institutions was not allowed and only restored to semi-normal after the subscription renewal, at least this is what I suspect as no other changes were made. Quicken support, please do a check on the effect of subscription expiration and renewal of reconcile services after renewal.
  • rmkut
    rmkut Member ✭✭
    Options
    Fully understand Quicken Community not same as Quicken Support. I don't understand the error message. The sequence has always been (1) download, (2) accept (clear), (3) reconcile. I recall only reconciling cleared transactions. Can't reconcile 6 credit cards and 5 bank accounts. My response to the marketing survey about using Quicken for estate record storage is obvious. Can't depend on Quicken for anything new if it can't perform basic reconciliation. Seems to be issue with banking/Quicken interface. Truly hate seeing great product foundering.
This discussion has been closed.