Month and YTD columns in a report

gdahlin
gdahlin Member ✭✭
edited September 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I would like to create a report for a given month that includes YTD info. 2 columns for these in addition to item/category listings: Month, YTD.
Using Quicken Premier.
Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @gdahlin,

Which kind of report are you looking to create exactly?  In other words - are you looking for an investment report, and income/expense, profit & loss, a spending report, or something else?  Have you gone to the "Reports" > "Comparison" tab and taken a look at the offerings there?

Any additional information will help us to help you.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I think the closest you can get to showing both monthly and YTD information in one report would be for example the Spending by Category report.  Set the date range to Year to date and the column to Month. The last two columns should be what you are looking for. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    I'm trying to create a Banking Summary for a month that includes YTD information. Hope that clarifies it!
  • Jim_Harman
    OK, try Date range = Year to date and Column = Month for that report. If you don't want the extra columns, you can always export the report to Excel and edit it there.
  • gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your prompt response! I was able to eliminate the unwanted columns by going to the right-hand of the unwanted month, going to the right-hand line of that month, upon which a double arrow popped up, and dragged it to the left side of the month, which deleted it.
  • Jim_Harman
    That is a clever solution! It doesn't really eliminate the extra columns, it just reduces their width to zero.

The only downside I can see is that you will have to do that each month as the report picks up more columns.
  • gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    So true! However, what I created is a standard monthly report that my accountant creates for my business. Quicken needs to allow the creation of such standard reports.
    What I did also allows me to save the report in Quicken.
  • gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    I also just saw that this report did not account for the homeowner's insurance payment for July from my bank's escrow account, as well as for property taxes from this account. How can I include this in my report?
  • gdahlin
    gdahlin Member ✭✭
    Would it be better to use a Cash Flow report?
  • Jim_Harman
    It sounds like you have the escrow account set up as a banking account in Quicken and part of your monthly mortgage payment is a transfer to that account. The insurance and taxes are paid from the escrow account.

With the settings above,  including the escrow account in the report should include the payments made from the account and hide the transfer to it.
This discussion has been closed.