July update with Windows11

renous
renous Member
Long time user of Quicken Deluxe never a problem. July update successful on my Windows 10 HP laptop; but not on Dell XPS less than 12 months old running Win 11. Spent last three days working on it without success. Opening program brings up logo then nothing. Hover over icon shows mini window but cannot click to fully open or X to close. Have to close in Task Manager. Removed all Virus protection and Firewall. Have reinstalled from orig CD, from on-line download, and even used the 4.21 patch. All many times. Also tried different install folder. Everything produces same result. Computer updated to lasted and restarted many times. Anyone else with similar??
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    renous said:
    Long time user of Quicken Deluxe never a problem. July update successful on my Windows 10 HP laptop; but not on Dell XPS less than 12 months old running Win 11. Spent last three days working on it without success. Opening program brings up logo then nothing. Hover over icon shows mini window but cannot click to fully open or X to close. Have to close in Task Manager. Removed all Virus protection and Firewall. Have reinstalled from orig CD, from on-line download, and even used the 4.21 patch. All many times. Also tried different install folder. Everything produces same result. Computer updated to lasted and restarted many times. Anyone else with similar??
    Hello @renous

I do apologize about this problem with the program failing to launch. Thank you for letting us know about this. 

I want to be sure: have you tried removing Quicken from Program Files after uninstalling and before reinstalling the program? Make sure that you are uninstalling the program using the exact steps listed in the Support Articles linked here, and then please open your Windows File Explorer and navigate to This PC > C: Drive > Program Files (x86) and delete the folder titled "Quicken" (doing so does not affect your data files). After you have deleted this folder, go ahead and try reinstalling.

I hope to hear more from you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • renous
    renous Member
    Yes I have tried the above suggestions. Just did a Quicken upgrade on another older Dell computer (all at home) and it worked fine - also running Windows 10. So two out of three Win10 are fine - one on Win11 wont run.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited August 2022
    renous said:
    Yes I have tried the above suggestions. Just did a Quicken upgrade on another older Dell computer (all at home) and it worked fine - also running Windows 10. So two out of three Win10 are fine - one on Win11 wont run.
    Hello @renous,   

I am sorry that this problem has continued after so many steps have been taken. Thank you for getting back to me about this. 

I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the information contained in this link. They have unique tools and resources at their disposal that will help them to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue with greater precision. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • renous
    renous Member
    Thank you for your comments. After several more hours at it, I now have it working on Win11. Tried so many things but I think the last before working was - uninstall, delete folder, and reinstall from on-line, run install - BUT AT COMPLETION OF INSTALL AND UPDATE, UNCHECK LAUNCH, close and then load 42.21 PATCH, and ONLY THEN open the program. Works fine now repeatedly. Hooray!!!
  • Quicken Jared
    renous said:
    Thank you for your comments. After several more hours at it, I now have it working on Win11. Tried so many things but I think the last before working was - uninstall, delete folder, and reinstall from on-line, run install - BUT AT COMPLETION OF INSTALL AND UPDATE, UNCHECK LAUNCH, close and then load 42.21 PATCH, and ONLY THEN open the program. Works fine now repeatedly. Hooray!!!
    Hello @renous,  

Thanks so much for getting back in touch with us and letting us know about this change in circumstances. I am glad to hear that you were able to get everything working as expected again, and I am grateful that you shared your path to a resolution with us, although I am sorry the earlier instructions were not more helpful.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.