"Incorrect vault password" error message for scheduled one-step updates

owhitman
owhitman Member ✭✭
One-Step Updates aren't occurring because Quicken tells me I have entered an incorrect vault password. Not so! I have checked and double-triple-quadruple checked and the password is correct. I have changed it and I still get the error message. It works for updates in the registers but not for scheduled updates.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    owhitman said:
    One-Step Updates aren't occurring because Quicken tells me I have entered an incorrect vault password. Not so! I have checked and double-triple-quadruple checked and the password is correct. I have changed it and I still get the error message. It works for updates in the registers but not for scheduled updates.
    Hello @owhitman

I do apologize about this problem with the seemingly inappropriate 'Incorrect Vault Password' message. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

To begin, have you tried signing in and out of the Quicken program when this happens? First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then make use of the steps listed below:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID syncing and alerts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    You may then make use of the following steps before signing back in:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know how this works!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.