Deposits showing in backup that don't exist when I call the bank

Options
BrooklynRuben
BrooklynRuben Member ✭✭
I am reviewing my backup file with an accountant. She asked me what two numbers are, marked deposit and then it gives the account number. I call the bank for clarification and they have NOTHING matching anything near these two amounts. So how do I figure out where the amounts/numbers are pulling from? Please Help!

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am reviewing my backup file with an accountant. She asked me what two numbers are, marked deposit and then it gives the account number. I call the bank for clarification and they have NOTHING matching anything near these two amounts. So how do I figure out where the amounts/numbers are pulling from? Please Help!
    Hello @BrooklynRuben

I am sorry to hear about these strange amounts appearing in your register. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, is it at all possible the two transactions were entered manually? How old are they? Also, what financial institution is associated with the account in question?

I hope to assist you further once we have learned more about these transactions. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BrooklynRuben
    BrooklynRuben Member ✭✭
    Options
    They pull into the back up file. I called the bank, Chase and they don’t see anything with that amount or near that amount. From January and March 2021. No idea why it’s showing deposits that large when Chase has no idea what they are.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Open your Quicken file and look at those transactions.  What is the rest of the info like payer and memo field.  What category is on them?  Maybe they are transfers from another account?  Or part of a split transaction.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• BrooklynRuben
    BrooklynRuben Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's odd because all it says is Deposit id number. But the bank doesn't know what I'm talking about. I think I may have figured one of them out, but not the other. I now have to go to the branch tomorrow and hopefully they can help me figure it out in person. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of Quickens anymore. It's become a lot harder then I wanted it to be.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's odd because all it says is Deposit id number. But the bank doesn't know what I'm talking about. I think I may have figured one of them out, but not the other. I now have to go to the branch tomorrow and hopefully they can help me figure it out in person. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of Quickens anymore. It's become a lot harder then I wanted it to be.
    Hello @BrooklynRuben

Thanks for getting back to me with the answers to my earlier questions. I am sorry that this issue remains puzzling, for the moment. 

What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I am eager to your answer.

Thanks again, 

Quicken Jared

• BrooklynRuben
    BrooklynRuben Member ✭✭
    Options
    Express Web Connect
This discussion has been closed.