American Funds Quotes are not updating

Options
J Dayton
J Dayton Member ✭✭
I have multiple accounts with American Funds and the quotes have been updating fine for multiple years up to 7/29/22. As of 8/1/22, they no longer update. Any clues?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J Dayton said:
    I have multiple accounts with American Funds and the quotes have been updating fine for multiple years up to 7/29/22. As of 8/1/22, they no longer update. Any clues?
    Hello @J Dayton

I am sorry to hear about this issue with Quotes updating. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, have you noticed any error messages in association with the account(s) in question? Also, do you know the account connection method? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • J Dayton
    J Dayton Member ✭✭
    Options
    As these are "Quote Only" accounts, they have no online connection. For 5 years Quicken has been dutifully updating the prices on the various American Funds "stocks" just fine. And I can check via the web these prices using the same symbols registered for each of the "stocks". E.G abalx for American Balanced Fund. That web check shows the current price.

Background. In order to do Online Transactions, American Funds insist on having a separate accounts for each of it's funds (e.g. American Balanced Fund, Capital Income Builders, New Perspective Fund, etc.) resulting in a plethora of accounts in Quicken making it very difficult to get a sense of how my whole portfolio is doing. I chose to treat each "Account" as simply a stock instead and then do my own manual transaction loading into one account each for my wife and myself as this is where our 401k's reside and as we are retired, there's very little activity. So I'm NOT looking to download transactions from American Funds, only to retrieve the current prices ("quotes") for the various funds.
  • J Dayton
    J Dayton Member ✭✭
    Options
    And I forgot to add that I've read elsewhere the quotes are failing to update for other stocks as well in a separate thread here. I'm following that thread as well.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    J Dayton said:
    And I forgot to add that I've read elsewhere the quotes are failing to update for other stocks as well in a separate thread here. I'm following that thread as well.
    Hello @J Dayton

I am sorry that this issue remains ongoing. Thank you for providing further background about what is happening. 

Be sure to save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, try making use of the steps below to see if this provides a resolution:
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • J Dayton
    J Dayton Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still not updating quotes for American Funds while my Schwab Brokerage is updating just fine. I built an Excel spreadsheet to get American Funds quotes so I can still see what our accounts are doing overall while this problem is sorted out. The "stock quote" function on that spreadsheet is working fine against American Funds.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited August 2022
    Options
    J Dayton said:
    Still not updating quotes for American Funds while my Schwab Brokerage is updating just fine. I built an Excel spreadsheet to get American Funds quotes so I can still see what our accounts are doing overall while this problem is sorted out. The "stock quote" function on that spreadsheet is working fine against American Funds.
    Hello @J Dayton,  

I am sorry to hear that this problem is continuing after the previous recommendations were utilized. Thank you for keeping in communications about what is happening. 

At this stage, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support regarding this issue. You can do this by making use of the information provided in this link. They have resources and tools at their disposal that will enable them to troubleshoot and diagnose this problem in greater detail.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.