What is generating this "error window"?

jah47Ed
jah47Ed Member ✭✭
"the Resulting Value is too big. Please enter it as more than one transaction". I just got this error while trying to log in. Error Window started showing up after last Quicken update. I went into investment register and tried to enter a "c" for Clear - error window would not allow it.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    jah47Ed said:
    Quicken Jared - when was Version R42.21 (HFZ) (July 2022) released? I download and install the day (evening) that I see a new release is available. If I know this date, I will download the backup file immediately preceeding this date...
    Hello @jah47Ed,  

Thanks for keeping me updated about what is happening. 

In regards to software updates, version 42.21 first released August 1, 2022. It's difficult to say when you received the update, as it is not released to every user simultaneously. Your backups should display the release version; for examples, look to the image displayed below.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    jah47Ed said:
    "the Resulting Value is too big. Please enter it as more than one transaction". I just got this error while trying to log in. Error Window started showing up after last Quicken update. I went into investment register and tried to enter a "c" for Clear - error window would not allow it.
    Hello @jah47Ed

I am sorry to hear about this error message preventing logins. Thank you for bringing this matter before the Quicken Community. 

To be clear, are you able to open the program at this point in time? If you are able to access the original data file, try saving a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, try proceeding through the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I hope to hear more from you about this soon. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jared - Thanks for quick response. I can open Quicken Prem. - Error Window shows up in "Investing" registers. Checking account register is "okay" for right now. I'll Val. & Rpr. routine.
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    First Val. & Rpr procedure did not work. Error Msg seems to be confined to Fidelity Investments taxable account - the one that is most frequenty used. I'll try Super Validate...more later.
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Super Validation did not fix the issue. I saved screen prints of the validation log if that helps. The only error that I saw concerned scheduling/billing...
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Error Window/Message also shows up after Investing tab - updating all investment accounts. Error msg does not stop the update - it is "after the fact". I scrolled down thru the investments, looking for absurd dollar amounts associated with a stock or mutual fund - none were found.
  • Quicken Jared
    jah47Ed said:
    Error Window/Message also shows up after Investing tab - updating all investment accounts. Error msg does not stop the update - it is "after the fact". I scrolled down thru the investments, looking for absurd dollar amounts associated with a stock or mutual fund - none were found.
    Hello @jah47Ed

I am sorry to hear that these issues are continuing after validating and supervalidating the data file. Thank you for following up with me about this. 

When did this issue first emerge? If this began recently, another option would be to try restoring from a backup. We recommend saving backups frequently by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Provided that this has been done often, it should be possible to restore from a backup by navigating to File > Restore a Backup... in the same menu just mentioned. Do these issues continue after a backup can be restored? 

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Issue first emerged after downloading and installing your last Quicken update.
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jared - when was Version R42.21 (HFZ) (July 2022) released? I download and install the day (evening) that I see a new release is available. If I know this date, I will download the backup file immediately preceeding this date...
  • Quicken Jared
    Answer ✓
    jah47Ed said:
    Hello @jah47Ed,  

Thanks for keeping me updated about what is happening. 

In regards to software updates, version 42.21 first released August 1, 2022. It's difficult to say when you received the update, as it is not released to every user simultaneously. Your backups should display the release version; for examples, look to the image displayed below.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    I restored the 29 July file. I went in to check register and downloaded/reconciled against Tinker Fed. CU server. No error message windows. I'll look at "Fido" investment accounts later. If you are a developer/troubleshooter for Quicken, I've another question to share with you. Can I use the customer support e-mail address with your name and my given name in the subject line? Question concerns cash balances that appear in "Investing" window.
  • Quicken Jared
    jah47Ed said:
    I restored the 29 July file. I went in to check register and downloaded/reconciled against Tinker Fed. CU server. No error message windows. I'll look at "Fido" investment accounts later. If you are a developer/troubleshooter for Quicken, I've another question to share with you. Can I use the customer support e-mail address with your name and my given name in the subject line? Question concerns cash balances that appear in "Investing" window.
    Hello @jah47Ed

I am happy to hear that the error seems to be absent in the backup file. Thanks for providing me with your results. 

To clarify, I am not a software developer, myself. I was somewhat unsure about which specific support email address you are mentioning; could you tell me more about this? Also, the best way to report an issue to development would involve navigating to Help > Report a Problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen, although you will not receive a direct response through information submitted in this fashion. The log files submitted through this method are purely for investigative purposes. 

I look forward to your response, and hopefully that makes things clearer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Error Window showed up un Investing, when I updated the "fido" accounts. It appeared, I clicked "ok", it appeared a second time, I clicked "ok". It disappeared. Error Window appeares "after the fact" of updating-it did not interfer with downloading/updating "Fido" accounts. Other; I'll use Help > Report a Problem, althought it would be nice if Quicken Support responded... (I think I previously reported erroneous cash balance amounts in the Investing window.
  • Quicken Jared
    jah47Ed said:
    Error Window showed up un Investing, when I updated the "fido" accounts. It appeared, I clicked "ok", it appeared a second time, I clicked "ok". It disappeared. Error Window appeares "after the fact" of updating-it did not interfer with downloading/updating "Fido" accounts. Other; I'll use Help > Report a Problem, althought it would be nice if Quicken Support responded... (I think I previously reported erroneous cash balance amounts in the Investing window.
    Hello @jah47Ed

Thanks for providing additional information about what is happening for me. I do apologize about this issue with the error messages reappearing in investments.

In order to speak with someone about this, I do recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the information provided in this link. They will be able to document the issue and can talk with you, personally. 

I hope that helps. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared  
This discussion has been closed.