scanning problems

tericloth
tericloth Member
neat mobile scanner nm-1000 will scan one document, then crash the program. went to using an hp all in one, (office jet pro 8740) has been working for a month or two, but now will only preview, scanner window closes when scan selected. Any suggestions? Thx
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    tericloth said:
    neat mobile scanner nm-1000 will scan one document, then crash the program. went to using an hp all in one, (office jet pro 8740) has been working for a month or two, but now will only preview, scanner window closes when scan selected. Any suggestions? Thx
    Hello @tericloth

I am sorry to hear about these issues with scanning documents. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, try proceeding through the instructions provided below:

1. Navigate to File 
    2. Select Validate and Repair 
    3. Click the checkmark next to Reset all Quicken printer settings (this will not affect your financial data)
    4. Click OK 

I look forward to hearing about your results after attempting these steps.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tericloth
    tericloth Member
    After the validation and reset, neat scanner scanned one document. Second attempt resulted in a program crash.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited August 2022
    tericloth said:
    After the validation and reset, neat scanner scanned one document. Second attempt resulted in a program crash.
    Hello @tericloth

Thanks so much for reaching out again. I am so sorry to hear about this new issue with program crashes. 

First, try uninstalling the program using the steps listed in the Support Article linked here (Note: the steps mentioned will not affect your data). Once this is done, remove Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folders, then try reinstalling it, using the steps provided here.

Additionally, do you know where your current active data file is located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure it is located locally on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service.

I hope to hear back from you soon. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared
  • tericloth
    tericloth Member
    I'm using quicken home & business, are these links/instructions to install this version?
  • Quicken Jared
    edited August 2022
    tericloth said:
    I'm using quicken home & business, are these links/instructions to install this version?
    Hello @tericloth

Thanks for getting back to me; I do apologize if my earlier comment was somewhat unclear about this.

Your subscription version - in this case, Quicken Home & Business - is connected to your Quicken ID (this is typically an email address). So after the program is installed, you will be prompted to sign in with your Quicken ID, and an automatic registration process will enable that version for use on your computer. 

I hope that clears this matter up to some degree. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.