Chase upgrade not working

lightningsnoop
lightningsnoop Member ✭✭
Anyone else with Chase go through the upgrade process link your accounts and it stills says failed to download after linking this way? I've done it twice and both times it stated successful and Chase shows them connected however it get error downloading with the only option to reconnect. Can Quicken make anything work right on the first try? I'm really starting to get fed up with this product.

Comments

• lightningsnoop
    lightningsnoop Member ✭✭
    Ok this is resolved by doing every account one at a time. Seems silly as the first time I did it the box popped up to link all 7 of them. So 7 reconnects later it worked. Still confusing and awful. However resolved I guess.
  • Jimal
    Jimal Member ✭✭
    Thanks for saving me all that typing. I did the "upgrade" on 8/11, but it asked me to do it again today, and it didn't work until I followed your instructions. I still don't like the fact that Intuit is between me and my FIs
  • triplehjr
    triplehjr Member ✭✭
    ok--I hadn't gotten any transactions for one of my 2 Chase cards--so I go to settings and "reconnect" for missing card acct--go thru browser pages to Chase--select 2 accts (one already was working) and voila! the other acct appears on my Quicken app but has a new name!--instead of my name United-xxx-(my last 4 digits) it starts a new acct called "United card"--can I merge them/chnge name or just be happy I'm getting a download??-Triple H
  • Teresa
    Teresa Member ✭✭
    I have gone through the upgrade process. I only have one Chase credit card account and received an email from Chase indicating that the change was successful. I've verified that sharing is enabled through the Chase.com 'Security & Privacy' account settings. I've reconnected the account twice and, still, when I try to update my accounts I get the following message:
    "There is a problem downloading transaction for this account. [Reconnect]"
  • gwpotter
    gwpotter Member ✭✭
    I would like to know where to ask a Chase connection question. I posted several hour ago and no response yet.

If it matters I have 3 Chase credit cards. Two current with Quicken Connect and one with Direct Connect.
  • Teresa
    Teresa Member ✭✭
    Well. The solution to my problem was to skip the [Reconnect] button. Use account settings to disconnect the account. Then set up the account for downloads again.
  • gwpotter
    gwpotter Member ✭✭
    Teresa - were you connect with Quicken Connect or Direct Connect?

Do you have one or more than one Chase account?
  • KarinaB
    KarinaB Member
    I'm having the same problem with two Chase accounts. The process goes smoothly on the Chase logon page but ends at this"outage" webpage. [https://www.chase.com/content/dam/chaseonline/en/legacy/content/secure/sso/document/chase_outage.htm]

Chase does not appear to hand the results back to Quicken, which continues to show the swirling star and "Use the bank-hosted sign-in form to authorize downloads."
  • rpgarrett75703
    rpgarrett75703 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem. Deactivated all my Chase accounts then went through the process of converting to EWC+. I'm able to sign into Chase to authorize the downloads but at the last step I'm presented with the Chase outage webpage as mentioned above. This has been going on since at least yesterday. Luckily, I made a copy of my Quicken original file that uses Direct Connect and I'm back in business. It appears that within a month we all have to convert to EWC+. At this rate I don't see how that's possible given all the problems being reported. Chase & Quicken need to work overtime to get this mess fixed ASAP. I don't see how they can achieve a staggered rollout of EWC+ if the process is broken. I don't think they would want all Quicken Chase users to convert all at the same time on the deadline day.
  • triplehjr
    triplehjr Member ✭✭
    I was able to go to Settings in the Chase accts and get to their screen--it renamed my card acct as "United card" and downloaded transactions--wow!--I thought that was done--only to find only 3 months of transactions are in "new" acct--
  • gwpotter
    gwpotter Member ✭✭
    edited August 2022
    You can (according to the Community) merge two accounts easily if they are not investment accounts. See below. Specifically see Jacobs post in April 2021.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7891399/can-you-merge-two-accounts-in-quicken
This discussion has been closed.