can not back up. drive is write protected

Options
ss243
ss243 Member ✭✭
When I try to back up my quicken file, I get a message that the hard drive is either full or write protected, but when I back up other non quicken files to my hard drive I am able to do so without a problem. I can back up quicken to a USB drive, but am not able to back the same file upto my hard drive.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ss243 said:
    When I try to back up my quicken file, I get a message that the hard drive is either full or write protected, but when I back up other non quicken files to my hard drive I am able to do so without a problem. I can back up quicken to a USB drive, but am not able to back the same file upto my hard drive.
    Hello @ss243

I am sorry to hear about this issue with saving backups. Thank you for drawing our attention to this issue here on the Quicken Community. 

First, do you currently have any ransomware protections enabled? It may be necessary to turn these off in order to troubleshoot this issue further. Also, is your current active data file saved to your hard drive? For reference, you can check this by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen. 

I hope to hear more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What folder are you trying to back up to? Please specify the complete drive letter plus path name.
    Does your Windows User account have permissions to write to that folder?
    Windows protects some Windows-specific folders, e.g., Program Files, where data files are not allowed to be part of.
This discussion has been closed.