need help to install Mondo patch for 41.19

Options
Pacoinconn
Pacoinconn Member ✭✭
I'm trying to install mondo patch for 41.19 downloaded from https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html as suggested in this discussion about Quicken not tracking the correct ESPP shares: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7916639/quicken-tracking-wrong-stock-for-espp-purchase-sale#latest.

I've downloaded the mondo patch however when trying to install I receive the following error message:

An error occurred. Unable to check for updates, the server file failed to load.
Could not parse the URL "[User name]\AppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP\current/wyserver.wys" - it's either malformed or is an unknown protocol.

What's the best way for me to install version 41.19 which has been the last known version to correctly track ESPP shares?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
Tagged:

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • l.peebles
    l.peebles Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to update normally in several years. It says a needed program is already in use, so I use the mondo patch route. On this one, the computer refuses to recognize the download. Any suggestions.
  • Pacoinconn
    Pacoinconn Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @l.peebles said:
    > I haven't been able to update normally in several years. It says a needed program is already in use, so I use the mondo patch route. On this one, the computer refuses to recognize the download. Any suggestions.

Not sure what you mean by "the computer refuses to recognize the download", however you may want to try two steps:''
    1. See if you can install the patch by running the .exe file as an Administrator. I tried that, however unfortunately it didn't work.

2. The second step could be to chat with Quicken support. They sent a direct link to their servers with the patch, suggested I create a brand new user account with administrator privileges and use that account to install the patch. This worked for me last week. I'm still on 41.19 and won't upgrade until I know that the ESPP issue is fixed.

My only issue/concern now is whether (and when) I can delete the test user account. (I don't like to have two accounts on my computer.)
This discussion has been closed.