Payee - interac e transfer or name

Options
Hello, I'm trying to clean up my reports. What are your suggestions for in the chequing account as a payee when I receive and interac e-transfer should I use the name of the person sending the e-transfer? If not, is it "interac e-transfer receive" or "interac e transfer receive" I have both in my transactions and I want to merge them. Thank you

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Does the name of the person sending you money appear in the downloaded Payee Name or Memo?
    If they regularly send you payments, using the person's name would be my recommendation.
    If the name does appear in the downloaded transaction data, you can try to set up a Renaming Rule for new transactions.
    > "interac e-transfer receive" or "interac e transfer receive"
    Choose whichever appears most in your downloads. To clean up, use Edit / Find/Replace to find one payee name and replace it with the other.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Does the name of the person sending you money appear in the downloaded Payee Name or Memo?
    If they regularly send you payments, using the person's name would be my recommendation.
    If the name does appear in the downloaded transaction data, you can try to set up a Renaming Rule for new transactions.
    > "interac e-transfer receive" or "interac e transfer receive"
    Choose whichever appears most in your downloads. To clean up, use Edit / Find/Replace to find one payee name and replace it with the other.

This discussion has been closed.