No uncleared items to reconcile

Options
Darren Dunn
Darren Dunn Member ✭✭
Just recently the auto reconcile stopped working. All my transactions are clearing, but it just says 'There are no uncleared items to reconcile.' So nothing is being reconciled on my account. I've always had it reconcile as soon as I downloaded transactions. Now I can't reconcile at all. Please help...
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This could be a timing issue. The bank hasn't updated the Online Balance yet, but new transactions have already posted and been downloaded to the intermediate Quicken server and to you.
    IMHO, reconciling once a month to the month-end paper statement has always been sufficient for me. When I download every day, I can see what's happening and catch any mistakes or, heaven forbid, unauthorized charges right away. No need for me to reconcile every day.
    You might want to give that a try and see if a monthly reconcile to the paper statement will work for you.
  • Darren Dunn
    Darren Dunn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I would rather do what the software is supposed to do. This is happening for every account I have including credit cards. Plus, I can't even reconcile by paper because when I hit reconcile, it doesn't even give me the option anymore. It just says No Uncleared Items to Reconcile.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would rather do what the software is supposed to do. This is happening for every account I have including credit cards. Plus, I can't even reconcile by paper because when I hit reconcile, it doesn't even give me the option anymore. It just says No Uncleared Items to Reconcile.
    As the Online Balance Quicken obtains from the financial institution is unreliable, I suggest reconciling using a statement: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select the Online Services tab, uncheck Reconcile using online balance, select OK, and press Ctrl + R
  • Darren Dunn
    Darren Dunn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've been using auto reconcile for over 10 years, now you are saying I have to manually reconcile 17 accounts every month? This just happened since the last couple upgrades.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @Darren Dunn - have you tried these troubleshooting steps - 

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Since you are having issues with all your accounts, it might be file corruption.  

Also, if you decide to do manual reconciliations in the interim, all you need to do is go to the Online Services tab in Account Details and uncheck "Reconcile using online balance" at the bottom of the settings window.  Then the next time you do a reconciliation (Ctrl-R) you will be presented with reconciliation options.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been using auto reconcile for over 10 years, now you are saying I have to manually reconcile 17 accounts every month? This just happened since the last couple upgrades.
    I'm not saying you have to do anything.  You may choose not to reconcile at all until you think the Online Balance is reliable again.
  • pmiller0701
    pmiller0701 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Darren Dunn" said:
    > I would rather do what the software is supposed to do. This is happening for every account I have including credit cards. Plus, I can't even reconcile by paper because when I hit reconcile, it doesn't even give me the option anymore. It just says No Uncleared Items to Reconcile.

I have exactly the same issue, the online balance is accurate, however the "C" cleared does not change to the "R" reconciled at the end of the account update. Has only changed since the last update and occurs for all accounts. NOT a corruption issue.
  • mark320
    mark320 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Validating the file does not fix this problem.

It looks to me as though an issue has been introduced in the update to version R42.8, build 27.1.42.8.

This is not a timing issue having to do with transactions at a specific financial institution; it's happening with all my accounts.

Reconcile using online balance appears to be broken.

When Reconcile using online balance is selected and there are cleared or uncleared items present, the message displayed is "There are no uncleared items to reconcile." No cleared items are set to Reconciled, even though there should have been. This is as @pmiller0701 reports above.

The workaround is to disable the setting to use online balance to reconcile and treat the reconciliation as if it were from a paper statement, then manually reconcile. The manual reconciliation proceeds as it should.
  • Darren Dunn
    Darren Dunn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I removed all my online services and readded them and now it is working again.
  • mark320
    mark320 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for discovering that, Darren Dunn. Yes, I found that disabling, then reactivating all my online services did fix the problem. Sheesh, that took a little bit of time. . . 'Guess I'm still spending less time than I would if I had to reconcile all these accounts, using paper.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @Darren Dunn and @mark320 - That is a great solution.  We have seen this issue pop up regularly and with what you have found, it will hopefully help others with this issue.

Question - did you deactivate and reactivate online services for ALL accounts or just ones that were affected, or using EWC?
  • Darren Dunn
    Darren Dunn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I only did the ones that were affected, but those are also the ones that are actively being used. So, I don't know if the others are affected until transactions actually start happening in them.
  • mark320
    mark320 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Damian said:
    > Question - did you deactivate and reactivate online services for ALL accounts or just ones that were affected, or using EWC?

I cannot say for sure. I've been dealing with a connectivity error with other accounts (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7915672/becu-ol-294-a-error-boeing-employees-credit-union/p1) when this strange reconciliation problem surfaced. What I can say is, having reset only a couple of my accounts, no further instance of the reconciliation problem has occurred with any of my accounts. It's possible that deactivating/reactivating only one of the accounts is sufficient.

I wish I knew, for sure.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ok thanks for the information.  What I have found if that you don't deactivate all account at a financial institution (even if they have a problem or not) you sometimes get "Do not add to Quicken" when you try to set up online services again.  I wasn't if you were saying that you resetup ALL your accounts.
  • Snuffy
    Snuffy Member ✭✭
    Options
    > Darren Dunn: I removed all my online services and re-added them and now it is working again.

> mark320: Thanks for discovering that, @Darren Dunn . Yes, I found that disabling, then reactivating all my online services did fix the problem. Sheesh, that took a little bit of time. . . 'Guess I'm still spending less time than I would if I had to reconcile all these accounts, using paper.

>Damian: Darren Dunn and mark320 - That is a great solution.  We have seen this issue pop up regularly and with what you have found, it will hopefully help others with this issue. (Posted earlier) Question - did you deactivate and reactivate online services for ALL accounts or just ones that were affected, or using EWC?
    Thank you for your suggestions,
    Damian

++++++++++

Echo HUGE THANKS to Darren Dunn and mark320 for figuring this out & telling us how to correct it.

@Damian, Is someone @ Quicken working on a correction update to fix this?
    Or is the ONLY alternative to deactivate and reactivate EACH online service?
    What is EWC?
    Thank you,
    Snuff
This discussion has been closed.