Check Pay Issues

Options
Whenever I pay a bill via check pay, quicken assigns a sequential check number starting with 90101 in the register. When the check gets cashed and is downloaded from my bank the check number is recorded as 101 not 90101 and it adds the "new" check and amount again in the register. I wind up having to delete every check pay transaction that was downloaded. Why is this behavior occurring? How do I get these transactions to recognize and match up these checks? This has occurred for months- since I started using Check Pay. Thanks!
Ver 43.14
Build 27.1.43.14
Ray

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ray476 said:
    Whenever I pay a bill via check pay, quicken assigns a sequential check number starting with 90101 in the register. When the check gets cashed and is downloaded from my bank the check number is recorded as 101 not 90101 and it adds the "new" check and amount again in the register. I wind up having to delete every check pay transaction that was downloaded. Why is this behavior occurring? How do I get these transactions to recognize and match up these checks? This has occurred for months- since I started using Check Pay. Thanks!
    Ver 43.14
    Build 27.1.43.14
    Ray
    Hello @ray476,     

I am sorry to hear about this frustration with missing transaction and check information. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community.

At this stage, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the information provided in this link. They will be able to assist you further with this issue and diagnose the symptoms in greater detail.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out again anytime with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.