Unable to Unmatch Transaction or Cancel Payment

Options
JKurka
JKurka Member ✭✭
I paid a bill using the Online Bill Pay section. The transaction has cleared my bank account and is displayed as expected in Quicken.
There is an additional transaction that was downloaded from my bank account with the exact same amount. Quicken auto-matched this downloaded transaction to the 'bill pay' transaction. This has created 2 transactions that Quicken has determined are 'bill pay' and therefore I'm unable to change the incorrect match.
How can I fix this?
Why isn't the ability to alter a matched transaction possible?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JKurka said:
    I paid a bill using the Online Bill Pay section. The transaction has cleared my bank account and is displayed as expected in Quicken.
    There is an additional transaction that was downloaded from my bank account with the exact same amount. Quicken auto-matched this downloaded transaction to the 'bill pay' transaction. This has created 2 transactions that Quicken has determined are 'bill pay' and therefore I'm unable to change the incorrect match.
    How can I fix this?
    Why isn't the ability to alter a matched transaction possible?
    Hello @JKurka,    

I am sorry to hear about this frustration with Online Bill Pay. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are these bill payments made through Direct Connect banking services offered by your bank? Also, does the additional transaction display a separate Downloaded ID number? Note: you can enable the Downloaded ID column by clicking on the 'gear' icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen and then clicking on the box next to Downloaded ID in the dropdown menu that appears, so that a checkmark appears. 

I hope to hear back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.