Upon bank download Quicken does not categorize the transactions.

gacordova
gacordova Member
Thanks for your help. I'am new to the community. My problem is as follows:
First I apply the renaming rule. This works fine. then I go to the Memorized Payee and set the Category. I have tried several combinations of the check boses to no avail.
The curious thing is that several weeks ago this used to work and I must have done something that I lost many Payee's and had to reenter all of them. Since then I have not been able to get it right.
In addition I keep getting an annoying Memo field loaded with bank info that I don't want.
If it is of some help I'am running Rel 43.14
Regards,
Gustavo

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    gacordova said:
    Thanks for your help. I'am new to the community. My problem is as follows:
    First I apply the renaming rule. This works fine. then I go to the Memorized Payee and set the Category. I have tried several combinations of the check boses to no avail.
    The curious thing is that several weeks ago this used to work and I must have done something that I lost many Payee's and had to reenter all of them. Since then I have not been able to get it right.
    In addition I keep getting an annoying Memo field loaded with bank info that I don't want.
    If it is of some help I'am running Rel 43.14
    Regards,
    Gustavo
    Hello @gacordova,      

I am sorry to hear about this issue with transaction information and editing. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing this problem with only one particular account or financial institution? If so, which one? Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

If you can, try to add an affected account in the test file by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper menu at the top of the screen. I am curious if you notice the Memo column being populated with this undesirable information, and if you are able to change names on transactions in this test file. 

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • gacordova
    gacordova Member
    Thanks for the prompt response. I only have one account and one Bank (Banco Popular). I will be working in your suggestion in the next couple of days
    Regards, Gustavo
  • gacordova
    gacordova Member
    Hi Jared: I only have two accounts with the Bank; a checking acct and a Visa account. When I tried to open the new chk account it only showed the Credit Card. So I could not continue.
    Any suggestions?
    Gustavo
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    gacordova said:
    Hi Jared: I only have two accounts with the Bank; a checking acct and a Visa account. When I tried to open the new chk account it only showed the Credit Card. So I could not continue.
    Any suggestions?
    Gustavo
    @gacordova,    

Thanks for getting back to me about this problem. I do apologize about this issue with missing accounts appearing.

What 'instance' of Banco Popular are you selecting within Quicken to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Also, do you know what connection method you are currently making use of for your credit account? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

It may be necessary to reach out to Banco Popular support given presence of this issue within a test data file. I recommend requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team when doing so, as they are more likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken.

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.