Attaching Multi-page Documents to transactions

Options
MStorti
MStorti Member
I am being told by Support that there is no way to attach invoices with multiple pages to a transaction in Quicken. I have done this in the past so I know it was possible, but lately I have not been able to get more than the first page of an invoice or document attached. I am using a Brother ADS-1700W. Has anyone else experienced this issue????
Tagged:

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can attach multi-page documents in PDF format. So scan to PDF and attach the resulting file.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• MStorti
    MStorti Member
    Options
    I used to be able to scan and attach all from within Quicken. Having to scan to a network location and then attach and then upload is adding more steps to the process that I was not looking to have to do. :(
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please note that each scanned document just makes your Quicken data file bigger and bigger.
    There appears to be a finite number of scanned files which the Zip-like file system in the Quicken data file can handle. The limit seems to be in the neighborhood of 2500 attachments. Exceeding this limit will cause unrecoverable file system errors within the Quicken data file.
    I do not consider the document attachment process in Quicken professional - strength enough to recommend it for regular, long term usage. Use a document management system outside of Quicken instead.
This discussion has been closed.