Chase EWC +

Options
:'( Just updated Chase account to new EWC and it duplicated all my accounts

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The process usually shows you a list of accounts found at the bank.
    For each account you have to decide what to do with it:
    • Add a new account register
    • Link the account found at the bank to an existing account register
    • Don't do anything (right now. You can always add / link the account later)
    Sounds to me as if you might have missed that step and did not select "Link" ...
  • Cloisonne
    Cloisonne Member ✭✭
    Options
    I had the same issue when updating Chase to the new EWC+ format. I was never given the option to link the account found at the bank to an existing account register in Quicken. I have linked accounts in the past so was expecting to see this option when I performed the Chase update but Quicken did not give me the option to link the new downloaded info to an existing account register :(
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cloisonne said:
    I had the same issue when updating Chase to the new EWC+ format. I was never given the option to link the account found at the bank to an existing account register in Quicken. I have linked accounts in the past so was expecting to see this option when I performed the Chase update but Quicken did not give me the option to link the new downloaded info to an existing account register :(
    Make sure you deactivate all the accounts before trying to Add the accounts/link. Quicken will not allow linking to accounts that are already linked to online accounts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chadschloss78
    Chadschloss78 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I deactivated my old accounts, but the register is way off, automatically downloads transactions, They exist in the register but are off by a day or 2. Somehow even not accepting them, the balance is incorrect, sometimes by thousands.. not too sure what to do at this point but manually keep track
  • Jpdp1289
    Jpdp1289 Member
    Options
    Yea I deactivated all accounts and tried again, plus I deleted the accounts that were created. Now just need to get the invite from Chase again to start over. How do I do that?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jpdp1289 said:
    Yea I deactivated all accounts and tried again, plus I deleted the accounts that were created. Now just need to get the invite from Chase again to start over. How do I do that?
    Tools -> Add Account -> select Chase button.

Make sure when Quicken shows you the online accounts in a dialog that you link them to your existing accounts (this happens at the end of the process).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelG
    JoelG Member
    Options
    All my Chase accounts are linked to the corresponding Quicken accounts using EWC+, but the Chase transactions do not download into Quicken even though the Quicken One Step Update Summary says it is complete. I have tried deactivating and reactivating. No luck getting any transactions to download.
  • Michael Winnick
    Options
    When I start Quicken and select to download account data I get a window saying I need to reauthorize one of my wife's credit cards. When I hit Reauthorize I get a new window asking me to sign in to Chase. So I hit the Sign In box given in that window. I get a new window in Quicken that says Sign In To Chase Bank and this time a window opened in my browser with the Chase Sign-in page (usually a blank window opens and nothing happens). So I log in and then all I get is a blue window with nothing in it and on the quicken window a circle starts circling around forever. This also happens when I don't get the Chase sign in window. I'm sorry to say this but am frustrated after doing this every day for the past week with no solution. How can two major organizations not have tested out this worldwide effort entered into by Chase and Quicken? And, what can I do to get this thing ready to work right? I am about to go on vacation and won't return until after September 26th which means Quicken will not work for Chase when I get back and I have no idea what the solution will be.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Michael Winnick is have the same experience that I am having. I have a blue screen from Chase after signing in AND the wheel indicator for "Sign into Chase bank" keeps spinning and nothing is happening. It has now been 20 minutes.
  • maxwelwp
    maxwelwp Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Received the conversion msg today. Experienced the same as other are reporting (no link to existing option) - only add account.
    So I opened Account details, Online Services and selected change connection method (in the reset account box). Followed same path to update connection method as in the update prompt. This time I had the option to connect to existing account.
    It did download last couple months of transaction as new however which need to be reviewed.

As others have noted - card balances are messed up :-( 

“Never stop dreaming,never stop believing,never give up,never stop trying, andnever stop learning.”
    Quicken user since 1993

• Scott Baines
    Scott Baines Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    i just had the same experience as everyone else above, this is a messy conversion. Why can't we just change the connection method on existing accounts. With this process all you get is a new account with the last few months transactions. I have years of transactions with my existing account, i want all that data in one place. I deleted the new account and will skip this process until i have to change, hopefully they will change to updating an existing account.
  • checkman
    checkman Member ✭✭
    Options
    With the change that Chase and Quicken have made, switching from “direct connect” to “Express Web Connect+”, I am forced to use either the Chase web site or Quicken’s “bill manager” to write checks. The only advantage of the latter is that I can do it within Quicken. The advantages of using the Chase web site are:
    1. Using Quicken, I am allowed only 9 checks to be written each month without being charged a fee. (This will change to 5 checks written in September 2023. While I don’t write 9 checks a month, I don’t like having this limitation.)
    2. It takes a long time for the check to be written, mailed, delivered, and then cashed. I just did this process and it was 10 days before the check cleared.
    3. During this period, the check shows up in the Quicken register but not on the Chase web site. Also, when I try to reconcile after writing a Quicken check I always get an “adjustment” to the register because Chase is not aware of the check just written and the online Chase balance does not agree with the Quicken balance.
    4. When writing a check using the Chase web site, the check will show up there immediately and will show up in Quicken in a day or so.
  • BillCO
    BillCO Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have two Chase accounts which I track in Quicken. One account converted to EWC+ following the Chase-Quicken procedure. One did not and, same as other users, got caught up in not being offered the option to link to my existing account history. So I followed maxwelwp's process outlined in his message earlier today, and my second account converted. Only hitch was I had to correct the starting account balance back to $0.00.
  • Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Finally found my issue.  I was getting the blue blank web page from Chase because Ghostery was blocking Chase from adding a tracker to my computer. One I activated it I was able to sign in and connect to the webpage and add the account to Quicken. I also had to correct the starting account balance back to $0.00.
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snowman said:
    Finally found my issue.  I was getting the blue blank web page from Chase because Ghostery was blocking Chase from adding a tracker to my computer. One I activated it I was able to sign in and connect to the webpage and add the account to Quicken. I also had to correct the starting account balance back to $0.00.
    Thank You!!!  I just paused Ghostery and it successfully linked all my accounts. Still had to delete repeat transactions and fixed the original balance.

Keeping fingers crossed that there won't be any future issues.
  • jmeander312
    jmeander312 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Successfully changed connection but yikes, my most mature Chase account is off by thousands. I was pretty scrupulous in reconciling and logging in daily and haven't been out of balance ever, so this just bites.

I had backed up prior to converting and tried multiple different things and no joy. I can't seem to find the rhyme or reason to which transactions are being reimported and which are not - seems random.

I'm going to skip automatic downloads for a while in hopes there's a resolution.
This discussion has been closed.