Quicken won't launch

TomS
TomS Member ✭✭
Recently, when I launch Quicken it will open briefly for about 2 seconds and then closes out giving me the Quicken Crash report. I have submitted this several times. I'm a Quicken user for nearly 20 years. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. Applied the Mondo patch with no luck. Used to be this would only happen in the morning after I started my computer and later would launch properly. Now it won't launch at all.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    TomS said:
    Recently, when I launch Quicken it will open briefly for about 2 seconds and then closes out giving me the Quicken Crash report. I have submitted this several times. I'm a Quicken user for nearly 20 years. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. Applied the Mondo patch with no luck. Used to be this would only happen in the morning after I started my computer and later would launch properly. Now it won't launch at all.
    Hello @TomS

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the program crashing when launched. Thank you for seeking assistance here on the Quicken Community. 

Do you know if your QDF is being stored on cloud storage of some kind? If not, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support using the information provided in this link. If so, try moving it onto your computer, and then try again. 

I hope this is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jared. My QDF file is local. I do my backups to the cloud.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried this procedure?
  • TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    Ukr - I followed your suggestion and it still won't launch for more than a few seconds.
  • TomS
    TomS Member ✭✭
    Issue was unrelated to Quicken itself. I had gotten a virus/bug and ended up restoring windows to my hard drive and reloaded Quicken. Everything is better now.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    TomS said:
    Issue was unrelated to Quicken itself. I had gotten a virus/bug and ended up restoring windows to my hard drive and reloaded Quicken. Everything is better now.
    Thanks for letting us know that you're back up and running again.
    If there's anything else you need, please feel free to start a new discussion.

This discussion has been closed.