USAA Sync error (Q Mac)

mok4
mok4 Member ✭✭
I direct connect to USAA accounts. Transactions download, followed by an error message saying that Quicken cannot connect to USAA Federal Savings Bank. Spent nearly 3 hours with Quicken support to no avail.

Comments

• mok4
    mok4 Member ✭✭
    The actual error message is: "Institution Login Error
    Warning
    We are unable to update USAA Federal Savings Bank at this time.
    Please try again in one hour.
    If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
    Error code: (QCS-0429-2) BID=67811
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    mok4 said:
    The actual error message is: "Institution Login Error
    Warning
    We are unable to update USAA Federal Savings Bank at this time.
    Please try again in one hour.
    If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
    Error code: (QCS-0429-2) BID=67811
    Hello @mok4

I am sorry to hear about this issue with BID error messages. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you making use of any Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), new antivirus software, new pop-up blockers, or new firewall settings? If so, it may be necessary to remove these or turn them off in order to troubleshoot this issue further, as these kinds of error messages are often caused by connectivity issues resulting from the use of the above items.

I look forward to hearing back from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mok4
    mok4 Member ✭✭
    No VPN, antivirus software, new pop up blockers or new firewall settings
  • Quicken Jared
    mok4 said:
    No VPN, antivirus software, new pop up blockers or new firewall settings
    Hello @mok4

I am sorry to hear that this problem is continuing, and thank you for answering my earlier questions.

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show ("Data File Name will be displayed here") in Finder... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open. Note that we advise against storing your data file in external drives or cloud-based storage services, as this can cause erratic program behavior, and even data damage.

Lastly, what Connection Type is being used to add or link your accounts? You can check this by selecting the affected account from the Account List in the left-hand panel of the Quicken screen, then navigating to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, and clicking on the Downloads tab. 

I hope that is helpful. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mok4
    mok4 Member ✭✭
    Direct connect.
  • Quicken Jared
    mok4 said:
    Direct connect.
    @mok4,  

Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

In this case, the information being provided is not contained on Quicken's servers, given the Connection Type at work. It would be necessary to reach out to USAA support for further assistance. It is most helpful to request to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these personnel are more likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • USAA says it's a Quicken problem and direct you to Quicken on their website
  • Vrogan
    Vrogan Member
    I've not been able to download transactions since August 21. This is a real problem. I've disconnected, reconnected, tried opening new account with direct connect and Quicken connect, everything I know to do. Followed your exhausting instructions and still unable to download transactions. What gives? Can you help me know how to get my transactions to download. End of year is rapidly approaching and I need to this info for reporting purposes. So much trouble and hours spent on this ongoing issue with Quicken. Please help.
  • tom@mac
    tom@mac Member
    I've just reconnected my USAA checking account using Direct Connect as instructed by USAA after experiencing download problems. Now, the downloads just show check numbers instead of Payees. Also the categories are not matched either. After spending the morning with USAA and a very helpful Quicken support person I understand the problem is that USAA does not match payees and categories and does not send information that would allow Quicken to do so through Direct Connect. My understanding is that I'll ultimately be able to do this through Quicken Connect but that right now it is not working for USAA accounts.
    My question is this: Are you working on fixing Quicken Connect? Do you have an expected time this might be resolved?
    Thank you.
  • tom@mac
    tom@mac Member
    Any update on when Quicken Connect will work with
    USAA again?
  • John Clarke
    John Clarke Member ✭✭
    After a couple weeks of not updating credit card data and trying all the connections, Today I used Direct Connect, and when I got an error I clicked on the get id and pin from USAA button. Turns out this is not your normal credentials and you get a unique userid and pin to use for this connection. That fixed the problem.
  • tom@mac
    tom@mac Member
    Direct Connect works, but for a USAA checking account it only downloads the check number and not the payee or Category. So to keep that information in Quicken i have to enter it all again. Quicken Connect will match that detail on the download and thus avoid having to re-enter it every time. Any news on when Quicken Connect will work again for USAA accounts?
This discussion has been closed.