Quicken exits after scan completed

rfrome
rfrome Member ✭✭
... and it doesn't save the receipt in the quicken transaction. I am using windows 10 and an HP Envy photo 7858 printer/scanner. the process worked well the other day and now quicken quits - again. I am using the HP Envy Photo 7800, Twain 2.1 (32-32) driver that's offered in the process; this driver uses the HP scanning window as it does for all other scanning. I've reset both the printer and computer. I've validated/repaired the data file and selected "reset printer" option, but those attempts to fix the situation didn't work. What else can I do?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    rfrome said:
    ... and it doesn't save the receipt in the quicken transaction. I am using windows 10 and an HP Envy photo 7858 printer/scanner. the process worked well the other day and now quicken quits - again. I am using the HP Envy Photo 7800, Twain 2.1 (32-32) driver that's offered in the process; this driver uses the HP scanning window as it does for all other scanning. I've reset both the printer and computer. I've validated/repaired the data file and selected "reset printer" option, but those attempts to fix the situation didn't work. What else can I do?
    Hello @rfrome,  

I apologize about this problem with the program closing unexpectedly after scanning documents. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. Note that this will not affect any of your data. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Quicken Jared 

This discussion has been closed.