Quicken crashing after Quick Pay entry

Grtbear
Grtbear Member
Over the last several days, I have tried to enter two different Quick Pay entries. In both cases (and several attempts at each), Quicken immediately closes after I hit the confirm button, and the entry is not made. I use BOA for my checking.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Meanwhile, if you wish to revert back to a previous version release, you can download and install previous versions through this support article.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Grtbear said:
    Over the last several days, I have tried to enter two different Quick Pay entries. In both cases (and several attempts at each), Quicken immediately closes after I hit the confirm button, and the entry is not made. I use BOA for my checking.
    Hello @Grtbear,  

I am sorry to hear about this problem with the program closing unexpectedly after trying to make a payment with Quick Pay. Thank you for talking about this here with us on the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here. Note that this will not affect your data.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Grtbear
    Grtbear Member
    Uninstalled per instructions, including removing the folder in Program Files (x86), rebooted and reinstalled Quicken. Installed update after initial transaction download. Attempted quick pay again, and same result, the program immediately closed after hitting the confirm button, and did not record the payment.
  • bertka
    bertka Member
    Since upgrade to version R43.14, Quicken crashes when I confirm a new Quick Pay entry. The transaction is not completed, and the information is lost upon opening the program again. I have done file validation. Also removed all bills and re-entered the on-line bills. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Thoughts?
  • KkPrice
    KkPrice Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    i have the same issue, i have tried several billers as well as rebooting. this started after the update to R43.13. i do NOT use BOA for banking.

i look forward to hearing a solution from Quicken. i would suggest Quicken investigate R43.14 and perhaps perform some regression testing.

in the meantime, how do i roll back from this update?
  • Please Quicken, either fix this problem or tell us how to roll back to a previous version that works.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

Meanwhile, if you wish to revert back to a previous version release, you can download and install previous versions through this support article.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Grtbear
    Grtbear Member
    Hi Anja, I have already submitted a problem report a few days ago.
  • KkPrice
    KkPrice Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Quicken Anja, since the app crashes and doesn't generate an error screen, how do i generate a problem report?

FYI, i updated to .20 and i am still having the issue.

i have to wonder if Quicken is realizing yet that they are becoming less and less useful to me, given the the BECU debacle (and my transactions still don't all download correctly) and now i cannot pay bills. with the extremely slow responses, lack of communication on said issues, i'm not sure that the fees i pay every year are a good use of my money. When the software works, my answer is yes, but it hasn't worked well for me for several months now.
  • KkPrice
    KkPrice Member ✭✭
    still no response to my question from 9/6. how do i generate a log and report issue if the app is crashing and closes before an error is generated.

also, just upgraded to R43.26 and it is still happening

still asking myself, is this worth the $ i'm paying or should i switch to another bill pay service? with the non-reponsiveness to issues, i'm starting to think the answer may be yes.
  • fw6322+
    fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2022
    Experiencing the same and did a rollback to R43.14 and that didn't help.  Went back to R43.26 and still crashing.
    Quicken has crashed 7 times in the last 4 days!!!!

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, googling the Exception Code in your image returns:
    • The exception code 0xc0000374 indicates a heap corruption - to determine the solution, you would need to debug the crash in a debugger to figure out who is corrupting the heap.
    Where are the programming experts when you need them?

• fw6322+
    edited October 2022
    Replaced 27.14.43.32 with 27.1.42.21 and solved the Quick Pay not working with the attached message and crash issues caused by trying to make a Quick Pay.

Quicken please fix this issue and sent Report a Problem today.

10-12-22
    Installed R44.20 on 9-30-22 and this solved the problem.

Sorry for not updating this sooner!

10-19-22
    Have updated to R44.27 and the problem is back!!!

Replaced 27.14.44.27 with 27.1.42.21 and solved the Quick Pay not working.  

Quicken please fix this issue!!!

• KkPrice
    KkPrice Member ✭✭
    this issue has been ongoing for me for 6 weeks. i get no error message, the app just crashes. multiple updates have not resolved, either has rolling back versions. if i have to continue to go to the vendor website what is the point of paying for bill pay?

is this a residual issue from the failure of Quicken and BECU to work together to resolve their issues in a timely manner?

i have no idea how to get logs for this as the app crashes, there is no error. Quicken, you've had plenty of time to look into this. how do i resolve? and how do i report a probem when there is no error mesage to be found?
  • JWW
    JWW Member ✭✭
    Ongoing for me for the last 6 weeks as well. I was able to stop the crash by rolling back to Build 27.1.42.21 or 42.19 (I have rolled back several different versions with the same end result) but the error message continues and the bill pay fails. I've had three different tickets, spent countless hours on the phone with them attempting several different 'fixes' without success.
    There's another chat (ONGOING 9/27/22 QBM - Unable to initiate QP payment) as well for same symptom. Windows app logs show the error occasionally with the newer releases, similar to the previous post but that's it for logs other than Quickens internal ones.
    Quicken, where are the developers? Pause the new feature releases and redirect efforts on stability before adding more complication to the issues.
    I'll be pursuing a credit and possibly dropping them altogether.
  • Grtbear
    Grtbear Member
    This issue is ongoing. Even replacing with an earlier version leads to the issue reported by user fw6322 on Sept. 20. We have heard nothing since September 3rd. Is Intuit ignoring its customers? I am getting tired of having to find workarounds for issues that should have been resolved by now. We pay good money for your service and have gotten nothing but crickets in response.
  • KkPrice
    KkPrice Member ✭✭
    just upgraded to the latest version 27.1.44.27 and this is STILL an issue. what do we need to do to get any movement on this? i cannot provide logs, as the app crashes.

what the heck, support? do you even care?
  • JWW
    JWW Member ✭✭
    I upgraded to 27.1.44.27 with the same issue. No responses on problem from Quicken support. Going on eight weeks without the ability to pay any bills through Bill Pay. The lack of communication from support is disappointing, especially when the issue affects multiple users and has been going on for such a long time..
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you're all aware of the fact that several banks have recently migrated from "Direct Connect" protocol to "Express Web Connect" for transaction downloading. As a result of this move, Online Bill Pay thru Quicken is no longer possible with these banks. You cannot send Online Bill Pay transactions any longer.
    BofA is one of these banks.

Alternatives:

1. Logon to the bank's website and make your bill pay payments from the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment.
    2. Logon to the biller's website and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. to make the current payment and/or all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment.
    3. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (around 10 days) to allow time for delivery and processing.

• jims04
    jims04 Member
    This has been ongoing for the last several months for me. When I go to confirm a Quick Pay payment Quicken closes with no errors. The transaction is not recorded and does not get processed. I am on version 44.28. I have validated and repaired my file and I have validated the payment account and online billers. This happens for all my online bills. If I reinstall version 42.21 then Quick Pay starts working, but then what is the point of a subscription if I cannot upgrade to the latest version.

I have reported this through the Quicken app twice already with no response. Is Quicken even looking into this issue? If I cannot upgrade to the latest version, there isn't much point in having a subscription, is there?
  • KkPrice
    KkPrice Member ✭✭
    Still an ongoing issue. If I have to go to biller websites to pay, why am I paying for the subscription? I am charged extra if we write over a certain number of checks, so…..tell me Quicken, what are you good for if you won’t address your issues?
  • fw6322+
    jims04,

I have the same issue and still using R42.21 to make Quick Payments.  I tried R44.27 and that didn't help.  Keep hoping this will be fixed and it's not.  Have use the Report a Problem in the past and this site to get some attention from Quicken. First reported this on 9-23-22.  
This discussion has been closed.