Getting rid of old data and accounts

Options
mrgumdrop
mrgumdrop Member ✭✭
My data includes 1/1/2010 to date. Not having any performance issue but old accounts are getting in the way. One Step Update wants to update Chase bank connection. When I do and try to link it to existing account, I can get to it as the screen if full of mostly closed accounts. I tried to File/Backup or Copy File/Create a year and archive -- No data was purged.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrgumdrop said:
    My data includes 1/1/2010 to date. Not having any performance issue but old accounts are getting in the way. One Step Update wants to update Chase bank connection. When I do and try to link it to existing account, I can get to it as the screen if full of mostly closed accounts. I tried to File/Backup or Copy File/Create a year and archive -- No data was purged.
    Hello @mrgumdrop

I am sorry to hear about this problem with updates and removing old data. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

First, I am somewhat unclear as to the original issue; were you unable to authorize your accounts because of a particular error message? Are the old Chase accounts connecting automatically and preventing newer ones from connecting? Have you already followed the necessary steps to authorize your Chase account?

I hope to provide more options once we know more about the situation. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • mrgumdrop
    mrgumdrop Member ✭✭
    Options
    My current chase accounts need update their connection. When I try to update, I am asked to link to an existing account. I get a page full of accounts that are mostly closed that does not contain the account I need to link. Unable to scroll to the one I need to link.

I tried to purge data. After purging I planned to delete accounts that had no transactions remaining.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You cannot Link an account found at the bank to a Quicken account register which is already connected (linked) for downloading. You need to deactivate the account registers in Quicken which belong to Chase, then reauthorize and you can Link to the proper registers.
    Year End Copy does not move bank account transactions to the archive file which are not marked reconciled. Transactions involving transfers must be reconciled on both sides of the transfer. Investment transactions (buy, sell, dividends, etc) are never moved to the archive file as they need to stay in the active file for correct reports. Some business and rental account registers also cannot be reconciled and will always stay in the active file.
This discussion has been closed.