How to fix "Auto enter" not working?

JADavey
JADavey Unconfirmed ✭✭
I am trying to get auto entries working for deposits and payments from my checking account. I had a few that worked correctly. I tried to add new ones, but they wouldn't get entered. I tried Validate and Super Validate which removed some auto entries. But now all of the ones that had worked no longer get entered, and I cannot add new ones. Today I tried to validate, and two auto entries were removed. I no longer have super validate as an option. And I no longer have entries showing up in my register. I see Bill and Income Reminders below in my checking account register, but they do now get entered.
I have been trying for months to get these things working, and I am going backwards.
Any thoughts on what I can do?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2022
    JADavey said:
    I am trying to get auto entries working for deposits and payments from my checking account. I had a few that worked correctly. I tried to add new ones, but they wouldn't get entered. I tried Validate and Super Validate which removed some auto entries. But now all of the ones that had worked no longer get entered, and I cannot add new ones. Today I tried to validate, and two auto entries were removed. I no longer have super validate as an option. And I no longer have entries showing up in my register. I see Bill and Income Reminders below in my checking account register, but they do now get entered.
    I have been trying for months to get these things working, and I am going backwards.
    Any thoughts on what I can do?
    Hello @JADavey,    

I am sorry to hear about this difficulty with automatic transaction entry. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you referring to the process of having transactions automatically added to your register after a One Step Update? If so, have you already tried navigating to Edit > Preferences > Downloaded Transactions and then click the box next to Automatically add to banking registers option, so that it becomes checked? Is this issue occurring with multiple accounts, associated with multiple financial institutions?

Lastly, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive, or cloud-based storage service. These latter locations can cause erratic program behavior, and even data damage. 

I am eager to hear more from you about this, and I hope to continue working on with this problem, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • JADavey
    JADavey Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    @ Quicken Jared,

Let me edit this comment because the program substituted emojis for my drive letters.

Thanks for the quick response. No, I am referring to the Bill and Income Reminders where I set up monthly transactions to be entered in my checking account 15 days ahead so that I can see what is coming up.
    The program is installed on my "D:" drive, which is a hard drive in my desktop computer. The file is in "D:\Quicken\Data". My boot drive is "C:".
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    JADavey said:
    @ Quicken Jared,

Let me edit this comment because the program substituted emojis for my drive letters.

Thanks for the quick response. No, I am referring to the Bill and Income Reminders where I set up monthly transactions to be entered in my checking account 15 days ahead so that I can see what is coming up.
    The program is installed on my "D:" drive, which is a hard drive in my desktop computer. The file is in "D:\Quicken\Data". My boot drive is "C:".
    Hello @JADavey,      

I apologize that this issue is continuing. Thanks for getting back to me with the answers to my earlier questions. 

What happens, exactly, when you try to add a reminder and schedule a transaction? Are you receiving any pop-ups or error messages? When did this issue begin? Lastly, are these reminders created for an eBill, and are they associated with a particular account?

I look forward to your answers. 

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • JADavey
    JADavey Unconfirmed ✭✭
    @ Quicken Jared Thanks again for your interest. I will try to be concise. I have been wrestling with this problem for months. I had set up Bill and Income Reminders for recurring payments and receipts in my checking account with auto entries into my account. They worked as intended. In the last 6 months, I have tried to add new reminders with auto entry. The reminders show up on the calendar and on the list below it, but they are not auto-entered into the registry. I did Validate and Repair and some errors were found. But the auto-entry did not work. I tried again, and this time I saw the additional option of Super Validate, which I did not have before. When I did it, errors were found, but auto-entry still did not work. I tried Validate again, and this time Super Validate was no longer an option, and the result was that the auto entries that worked before were discarded, and at least one of them does not appear in the registry anymore. Sorry for the long story. Thanks for any help.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Scheduled Reminders are working correctly for me, but I've had problems with certain scheduling combinations several months ago after a program change in Quicken.
    Please tell us:
    • What is the setting for [xx] in "Auto enter [xx] days in advance"
    • What is the frequency: Weekly, Monthly, etc.
    • What is the due date setting: a specific day (1 - 31), first/last weekday, nth Monday, etc.
  • JADavey
    JADavey Unconfirmed ✭✭
    UKR said:
    Scheduled Reminders are working correctly for me, but I've had problems with certain scheduling combinations several months ago after a program change in Quicken.
    Please tell us:
    • What is the setting for [xx] in "Auto enter [xx] days in advance"
    • What is the frequency: Weekly, Monthly, etc.
    • What is the due date setting: a specific day (1 - 31), first/last weekday, nth Monday, etc.
    1. Usually 15 days
    2. Monthly
    3. Either1st day of the month or a specific day of the month.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason I was asking for these details was that there's an issue with reminders skipping months when the reminder is set to monthly and "remind >= 28 days in advance". Just wanted to see if that was the case.

Even if you have done some of these steps already, please perform all of the following actions:

• Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Press and hold CTRL + Shift while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• JADavey
    JADavey Unconfirmed ✭✭
    Thanks. Tried the process again, and it did not work. I will call Customer Support.
This discussion has been closed.