New Chase Account(s) Verification Issue and work around

ajb328
ajb328 Member ✭✭
This is an FYI message for Chase/Quicken users. Prompted to re-authorize Chase accounts for Quicken. Completed re-authorization on Chase website. Returned to Quicken and re-authorized accounts app0eared in Quicken. However, Quicken dialogue box linking Chase accounts to Quicken accounts did NOT offer link to existing Quicken accounts. Selecting "add" created new parallel Chase Quicken account. (I did this on my laptop to see outcome). On desktop I selected "skip for now" at the dialogue window. Continued to update and previous Chase accounts existing in Quicken updated. Quicken tech support needs to address this issue - re-authorized accounts must show "link to existing" as option and not just "add" or don't add to quicken.
I welcome any feedback.
Tagged:

Comments

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you manually deactivate and reactivate Online Services, you'll get the choice to link to an existing account. Before running One Step Update, make a note of the opening valance(s) as it will probably change.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • rbjrrose1
    rbjrrose1 Member ✭✭
    Thank you Greg. What a pain in the b*tt. After reauthenticating, the process downloaded lots of transactions, where were duplicates (but marked as New) and I could not manually match them. I had to delete these newly downloaded transactions and enter a "MISC" transaction to adjust the balance.
  • rbjrrose1
    rbjrrose1 Member ✭✭
    Go figure... This morning I get notification that release 27.1.43.20 fixes this problem with Chase/Quicken.
  • tapper524
    tapper524 Member ✭✭
    I just tried it this morning, and as expected, it appears the "fix" doesn't work.
  • tapper524
    tapper524 Member ✭✭
    @Greg - thank you, that hack worked. I deactivated both my personal checking and my business account, then went through the new Chase activation and it successfully identified my accounts and let me link to them both correctly. Appreciate that!
This discussion has been closed.