Quicken Updated - Now Cannot Right-click for copy/Paste/Delete Transactions

Options
Quicken just updated this morning to R43.20, Build 27.1.43.20, Windows 10 Professional.

Now, I cannot perform a copy/paste/add transaction task by performing a right-click on any transaction field, as I could prior to this update.

Please advise, I have a ton of data entry to perform today.

Thanks,
Dave

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Please try the following actions:

Validate and Supervalidate instructions

First save a backup file prior to performing these steps

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    5. Click OK
    6. Close the Data Log
    7. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    8. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Press and hold CTRL + Shift while you click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Supervalidate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
  • Dave61
    Dave61 Member
    Options
    Thanks, second time was the charm.

Now, I can again do right-click for copy/paste/delete transactions. Not sure why the first round of following your instructions didn't work on the first run-through. I checked off each step on my printout of the instructions you provided, as I did them. I had also tried different mice, and other applications had no problems with right-click. After the second pass through the instructions, Quicken worked as expected with the right-clicks. I cannot comprehend anyone having to use the gear in the rightmost column for all the copy/paste/delete actions and not go crazy.

Thanks, again.

Dave
This discussion has been closed.