Bank of America - Quicken Bill Manager QuickPay Failure

First off, I am a 15+ year Quicken for Windows Premier user that had been paying all bills through Quicken/Bank of America Direct Connection Bill Payer. It was quick, easy and seamless and I never had an issue with a payment not getting to the intended target.

I was very disappointed when I received the emails from Quicken about Bank of America discontinuing Direct Connection Bill Pay and that suggested that I could either use BOA's App or Web-based Bill Payer (thus eliminating the need for Quicken) or try Quicken's Bill Manager with QuickPay. I thought I would try the Quicken Bill Manager/QuickPay.

So far, I have been unable to make payments with Quicken Bill Manager/QuickPay.

I followed the Quicken instructions to set up my BOA payees to be in Quicken Bill Manager. I received the two micro-deposits to set up BOA as the QuickPay payer bank and verified the BOA account as the Quicken Bill Manager QuickPay payer account.

All my payees connect in Quicken Bill Manager and show me the current amount due and due date. But all payees either do not show me a PDF version of the latest bill or show me a PDF version of a bill that is 3 to 6 months old.

Also, my attempts at a Quicken Bill Manager QuickPay payment from my BOA Checking account to one of my BOA credit cards accounts keeps failing. I have been trying daily for over a week and every time the QuickPay fails with the same error (screenshot attached) and then crashes Quicken.

Chats with Quicken Customer Service have not resolved these Bill Manager/QuickPay issues. I was told to keep trying.

Luckily, BOA Direct Connection Bill Pay still seems to be working so that I can continue to pay bills as I normally have.

I am not sure when BOA will shut off my Direct Connection and when they do, I hope that Quicken has resolved the Bill Manager QuickPay issues. Otherwise, If I have to use the BOA website or app to pay bills, I am not sure why I would continue to use or pay for a Quicken Premier Subscription.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure when BOA will shut off my Direct Connection
    The email I got from Quicken said October 10, 2022.
    QuickPay fails with the same error (screenshot attached) and then crashes Quicken.
    Screen shot is missing. You will need to drag'n'drop the image file into the "Leave a Comment" box if you want to post it.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• markchiles
    markchiles Member ✭✭
    Here is the attached image mentioned above
  • i am having similar issues. Quicken keeps crashing when trying to pay with quick pay.
This discussion has been closed.