Bank Of America Checking account transaction will not load if made before 8/8/2022

Options
Hello,

I have been using Quicken for 8 months, to load my checking and credit cards accounts. So far so good. The last time I uploaded transaction was 7/15.

I am now trying to update and for some reason, on my checking account (i.e. on credit card accounts I dont see the issue), the transaction before 8/8 will not load and I have a hole between 7/15 and 8/8.

Tried it all:

1)Disconnected and reconnected account > do not work.
2)Created a new instance and loaded the account fresh > the credit card account will load transaction since early June (around 3 months, which is right), the checking account will only load since 8/8.

Bottom line I have a 20+ days gap in my file I have been working since 8 months and I feel I am as good as not doing that crap whatsoever if I have issues like that.

Any1 can help/advise ?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Log into your BoA account on the web and go to the transaction list for your checking account. Click on the Download link, enter the date range for the missing transactions, and for the file type select "WEB Connect for Quicken 2018 and above". 

In Quicken, in the File menu select "Import > Bank or Brokerage file (OFX, QFX)". Select the file you downloaded from the bank. When the dialog box pops up, click on the button in the Action column and select your BoA checking account from the list. This should import the transactions into your BoA checking account. 

Doing this will change the connection type on your BoA checking account to Web Connect, so when you're done you'll have to change it back to whatever connection method you're currently using.

Edit: When I did this on my BoA checking account it was not set up for syncing at all. You might have to disconnect the account in Quicken before this will work.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Log into your BoA account on the web and go to the transaction list for your checking account. Click on the Download link, enter the date range for the missing transactions, and for the file type select "WEB Connect for Quicken 2018 and above". 

In Quicken, in the File menu select "Import > Bank or Brokerage file (OFX, QFX)". Select the file you downloaded from the bank. When the dialog box pops up, click on the button in the Action column and select your BoA checking account from the list. This should import the transactions into your BoA checking account. 

Doing this will change the connection type on your BoA checking account to Web Connect, so when you're done you'll have to change it back to whatever connection method you're currently using.

Edit: When I did this on my BoA checking account it was not set up for syncing at all. You might have to disconnect the account in Quicken before this will work.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• marcladermann
    Options
    Thank you so much, worked for me. Had to disconnect for Direct first, if not it would not allow to add those missing transaction to the connected account. Once disconnected, it would allow.

Thank you a bunch !!
This discussion has been closed.