Bank of America-All Other States changed to Bank of America-Quicken

Hawkeye81
Hawkeye81 Member ✭✭
When Chase Bank was changed to EWC+, Bank of America changed from All Other States to Quicken. I now have to get 2 verification codes for it to connect. The second code that is sent actually says it is from Greenstate Credit Union where I have 2 accounts. This second code is Bank of America-Quicken also. I have deactivated and reactivated the online service but still get the same 2 verification code notifications. Is anyone else having this problem? When I do the one-step update, one or both of my Greenstate accounts says that they may have been deleted, because I did have to back up from a previous file. There is a fix button that says success, but still have had this problem daily.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hawkeye81 said:
    When Chase Bank was changed to EWC+, Bank of America changed from All Other States to Quicken. I now have to get 2 verification codes for it to connect. The second code that is sent actually says it is from Greenstate Credit Union where I have 2 accounts. This second code is Bank of America-Quicken also. I have deactivated and reactivated the online service but still get the same 2 verification code notifications. Is anyone else having this problem? When I do the one-step update, one or both of my Greenstate accounts says that they may have been deleted, because I did have to back up from a previous file. There is a fix button that says success, but still have had this problem daily.
    Hello @Hawkeye81

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can verify this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer and not on external drives or cloud-based storage services, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior, or even data damage. 

Next, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

Try adding your Bank of America account(s) in this test file by navigating to the Add Account button denoted by the '+' symbol in the upper left-hand side of the screen. I want to know if you see this message appearing the new data file.

I look forward to hearing about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • TahoeChuck
    TahoeChuck Member ✭✭
    Will Quicken provide an automated conversion process for this (as they did with Chase) or do we have to manually reconfigure BofA accounts and their connection method?
This discussion has been closed.