Problem with Home Inventory

MoeBr
MoeBr Member
I have been using Quicken for years and years, and I have also used Home Inventory. Now I cannot use Home Inventory anymore. Sad. When I try to add a new record to the inventory, Quicken gives me an error message:"C:/ disk is full" even if I have over 500 GB available on the disk.
I have contacted the Quicken support: they do not "support" Home Inventory anymore, even if it still appears in my version of Quicken R40.28.
Any suggestion? How can I repair this problem? What other program could I use instead of Quicken?

Answers

• jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close Quicken and reboot the computer and reopen Quicken to see if it happens again.
    There is a program out there that can read the QHI data file (QHI.IDB) that I use along with Quicken Home Inventory (QHI).
    It's called Attic Manager. It will import the file but be warned it will take a little time to clean up after the import.
    Which Windows do you have 10 or 11?

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• MoeBr
    MoeBr Member
    Thanks jl747for your input.
    I have Windows 10 Home version 21H2.
    What do you mean by "a little time to clean-up"?
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do get Attic Manager and import your Quicken data the information that is imported into Attic Manager may end up under different headings or locations.
    I think they have a Trial version that you can download and try.

Did you reboot your computer and try to add your item?

Quicken Windows Business & Personal (Subscription) - Using the latest version -Windows 10 Pro

• MoeBr
    MoeBr Member
    Thanks jl747 for your continuing support.

I did reboot the computer and tried again to make a new record. I had the same error, but a small window opened telling me that Norton 360 Data Protector had blocked the recording of the new record. I then went to Norton and created an exception for QHI.exe. After this I was able to create a new record in Home Inventory. Not a Quicken bug, but a Norton problem!

I hope that tomorrow, when I return to my inventory the program will work again.

Thanks again.
  • jl747
    jl747 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad you found the solution.

This discussion has been closed.