How do I change an account from "brokerage" to "checking"?

Options
TBS
TBS Member ✭✭
I am getting data in a "brokerage" format that was previously provided in a "checking" format. I don't know how it got changed. I tried creating a "new" account in the checking format but Quicken knows I already have an account with that information in it. Is there a way to change from "brokerage" to "checking"?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TBS said:
    I am getting data in a "brokerage" format that was previously provided in a "checking" format. I don't know how it got changed. I tried creating a "new" account in the checking format but Quicken knows I already have an account with that information in it. Is there a way to change from "brokerage" to "checking"?
    Hello @TBS,   

I am sorry about this peculiar change in account types. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Currently, there is no way for users to change account types, themselves, in Quicken for Mac. However, you may view the Ideation thread listed here in order to lend your vote to recommend that a feature allowing users to change their account types manually be implemented in the future. 

Additionally, where is your current active data file located? You can view this anytime by navigating to File > Show ("Data File name will be listed here)" in Finder... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive, or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic program behavior or even data damage. 

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.