Mouse-over on Bills page causes items to disappear

ChuckCole
ChuckCole Member ✭✭
I'm on R43.26. When I go to the Bills page and mouse over in the Action column, anything in that column that I mouse over disappears. I have to click on a register and then come back to the Bills page to see the items again
Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @ChuckCole,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you rebooted Windows since installing R 43.26?
    Sometimes that helps get rid of gremlins ...
  • ChuckCole
    ChuckCole Member ✭✭
    In response to the feedback above about validating/super validating and rebooting, neither have fixed the problem. I believe there is a problem with Quicken and the AMD video software. In addition to the Bills screen that has things disappearing when you hover over them, it also does the same when you perform a backup using the Quicken Backup dialog box.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since your issue appears to be graphics related, have you checked to see if there is a newer version of your video drivers available to download and install? Or, if a new one was installed recently, perhaps you should back it out to the prior version.

• ChuckCole
    ChuckCole Member ✭✭
    Hi, I have tried all of the suggestions above and things still disappear when I mouse over on the Bills tab and the Backup. If Quicken was to look at what's common between those two sections, I wonder if they would find they used a different software development tool for those sections than other areas in Quicken. As far as Bills is concerned, I have to click on a register and then go back to Bills to have it repopulate the "Icons", (Enter & Edit), on that page. Something is still wrong.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    Sorry, two last questions and then I'm fresh out of ideas.
    Are you running any kind of add-on program which attempts to mask or hide parts of you screen from people looking over your shoulder, kibitzing?
    Are you playing computer games while Quicken is running? Anything that's video-intensive and might set video modes not quite compatible with Quicken?
    I hope somebody else chimes in with more or better ideas.
  • ChuckCole
    ChuckCole Member ✭✭
    Hi UKR. I am not running any add-on program that attempts to mask or hide parts of my monitor. I don't even have any games installed, so no, I am not playing games.

My computer uses Windows 11, Ver 22H2, Build 22621.512. I use an AMD Radeon RX550/550 video card using the 22.5.1 driver. My processor is an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X with 32 GB of ram.

There is something that the developers need to look at regarding the video/mouse over on the Bills screen and the Backup screen.
This discussion has been closed.