Not downloading Payee names

Options
After my credit union changed their online service, Payee names are blank after downloading through Direct Connect. I've searched the previous threads, and have done the following with no luck:

1. Checked that I do not have a renaming rule that removes Payee names
2. Turned on the "downloaded payee" column in the account and it is blank (it is not blank for accounts with other financial institutions).
3. Re-set each account - I turned off online services and deleted the Account Number and Customer ID for all credit union accounts, then re-activated online services, linking each account. Still no Payee names come through.
4. De-activated online services for all credit union accounts, then set up new accounts and connected them to online services. Still no Payee names.
5. Created a new Quicken file, connected my credit union to it, and Payee names came through fine.

So it seems to have something to do with my existing Quicken file. I could start using a new file, but then I would lose all my history and could no longer run reports and searches on past transactions.

Any other ideas?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rich.mil said:
    After my credit union changed their online service, Payee names are blank after downloading through Direct Connect. I've searched the previous threads, and have done the following with no luck:

1. Checked that I do not have a renaming rule that removes Payee names
    2. Turned on the "downloaded payee" column in the account and it is blank (it is not blank for accounts with other financial institutions).
    3. Re-set each account - I turned off online services and deleted the Account Number and Customer ID for all credit union accounts, then re-activated online services, linking each account. Still no Payee names come through.
    4. De-activated online services for all credit union accounts, then set up new accounts and connected them to online services. Still no Payee names.
    5. Created a new Quicken file, connected my credit union to it, and Payee names came through fine.

So it seems to have something to do with my existing Quicken file. I could start using a new file, but then I would lose all my history and could no longer run reports and searches on past transactions.

Any other ideas?
    Hello @rich.mill

I am so sorry to hear about this issue with online banking services, and with missing transaction information. Thank you for speaking to us about this problem.

Given the steps you have described as already attempted, it is most likely that this has to do with information being provided via the financial institution's servers in the Direct Connect online banking method. It would thus be necessary to reach out to your credit union's support line. I recommend requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team, as these individuals are most likely to be familiar with third-party software, such as Quicken.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • rich.mil
    Options
    Thank you for the reply Jared. However, per item number 5 above, I created a new Quicken file and the payee names came through from my financial institution just fine. So doesn't this eliminate my financial institution as the source? It's only my current Quicken file that is having the problem receiving the payee name information. Is there anything I can do so that I can continue using my current Quicken file?
This discussion has been closed.