Chase reauthorization mess

I reauthorized my Chase account, but the next time I tried to download, it asked again. I did so, now my account is a complete mess. I have duplicated reconciled transactions and my account shows nearly $40k overdrawn-which it isn't. The first time it did this I had to go back and delete two YEARS worth of duplications. However, now the transactions are not in by date, but some crazy system I can't figure out. Years and months are confused and I have no idea what to do. I keep trying to contact Support, but it puts me into an endless loop and I end up with multiple open windows as it doesn't like what I type. What am I supposed to do to figure this out? Right now all my Chase accounts are completely unusable?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I reauthorized my Chase account, but the next time I tried to download, it asked again. I did so, now my account is a complete mess. I have duplicated reconciled transactions and my account shows nearly $40k overdrawn-which it isn't. The first time it did this I had to go back and delete two YEARS worth of duplications. However, now the transactions are not in by date, but some crazy system I can't figure out. Years and months are confused and I have no idea what to do. I keep trying to contact Support, but it puts me into an endless loop and I end up with multiple open windows as it doesn't like what I type. What am I supposed to do to figure this out? Right now all my Chase accounts are completely unusable?
    Hello @Carolyn Case

I am sorry to hear about this problem with strange sort orders in the account register(s), and with these duplicate transaction issues. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Also, just so I am clear: are you still noticing new duplicates appearing in your Chase accounts? Try clearing any active filters in the account register by clicking the green Reset button just above it, if it appears there (if it does not appear, there are likely no active filters in place).

I look forward to hearing your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • HCC2
    HCC2 Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I use Quicken Premiere on a WIN10 pc.

I thought I was going to get thru the EWC+ conversion/reauthorization without any problems. It went smoothly. This morning after updating our accounts, I went to the register for our Chase credit card. (1) The sort order had changed so that the most recent items were on top...NOT the way I have EVER worked in Quicken, and (2) a bogus Opening Balance had been inserted and marked Reconcile! (3) Duplicate transactions downloaded

I know for a fact that this account had a zero opening balance. I'd like to delete it, but don't want to run into issues with whatever routine the download service has going.
  • Carolyn Case
    Carolyn Case Member ✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I'm not sure what you are asking about the current file and its location. I did FINALLY get through to someone on Chat and they helped with the completely convoluted appearance of the register. I haven't been able to go back and check the duplicates yet, but at least it doesn't show $40k in the red now. Their instructions to reactivate don't work at all. Chase wants me to activate investment accounts that I don't have and gives no options for savings, checking or credit cards. I don't see a reset button at all, although I know I did use it earlier. [Removed - Rant]
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    basically same - running R43.26 for a few days - created daily Backups - ran - File --> Validate --> [x] Validate
    1 - went thru and manually DE-activated ALL my Chase accounts before even starting this process.
    2 - also went thru and CLOSED any old Chase accts that were in fact actually closed.
    3 - then did an ADD ACCOUNT for Chase - and followed the directions to Authorize, Select which accts, etc
    4 - all accounts showed up with their nicknames and able to LINK to their existing Quicken accts
    5 - screen said that 5,300 transactions were downloaded - in fact, none actually showed up.
    6 - only 1 dup during this process.
    7 - next day - OSU - and a handful of dup transactions downloaded - from around 9/2/22 - and today is 9/18/22
    8 - will see how next week goes... with OSU and dups.
    9 - the Opening Balance in one acct was weird - but had saved it into the Memo field as suggested by another user

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Jared
    Hello everyone,

I do apologize if this issue is continuing. Thank you for providing helpful information about what is happening.

I do have an additional question: what type of account is being affected by this problem? Investment accounts may be affected by the symptoms you are describing.

I look forward to your answer.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • I don't have any investment accounts. My issues are checking, savings, and credit cards. I still have not been able to reactivate my accounts.
  • Quicken Jared
    edited September 2022
    I don't have any investment accounts. My issues are checking, savings, and credit cards. I still have not been able to reactivate my accounts.
    Hello @Carolyn Case,  

Thanks for getting back to me with the answer to my earlier question. I do apologize that this situation has been ongoing for so long.

In your case, it sounds as though there are other, more extensive issues that may require more attention from Quicken Support. I do recommend reaching out once more through the link provided here

For everyone else experiencing this trouble with incorrect balances and duplicate transactions: this issue has been brought to our attention and we do have teams looking into the issue. We do not have an ETA on a resolution, however. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience.

Feel free to reach out with additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve Koopman
    Steve Koopman Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problems trying to get Chase to reauthorize our 3 credit accounts via Quicken Premier software that I have been using for a long time (over10 years). All I am getting a blank page with a typical Chase image at the top on the browser side in my many attempts, even late at nights (past midnight) for long periods of time like 1/2 hour to over 1 hour -- all to no avail. This is the worse I have ever seen with Chase and Quicken efforts. They should have done a much more extensive testing before releasing this Chase-Quicken update to Quicken users. Come on you Chase and Quicken people!!!
This discussion has been closed.