Tangerine.ca downloads to Quicken do not happen

Tour Guide
Tour Guide Member ✭✭
Hello.. I download the transaction to any account in my quicken Premiere it automatically uses one step update and the transactions appear for a second in the download window on the bottom of the screen and then they disappear and no updates occur. This has been ongoing since July and I have had multiple contacts with Tangerine.ca support but no luck for a fix. Only with this bank does this occur, other banks and credit cards work fine. Any options available.?? I have removed, re-installed, etc.. and no luck. Thanks Duane

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Tour Guide
    Tour Guide Member ✭✭
    Yes.. I am and using the Canadian version
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.. I am and using the Canadian version
    Hello @Tour Guide

I do apologize about this issue with online banking services. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community.

What connection method are you making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

Also, if you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Tangerine-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same error message occurring in the test data file once this is attempted.

I look forward to hearing about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tour Guide
    Tour Guide Member ✭✭
    Thanks Jared for your information, I have completed all those tasks and still no go. I do not receive any error messages, the download of the account transactions works fine, when I click on the download for it to enter into Quicken the onestep summary update opens and the transactions flash for a second in the "Download Transaction" area at the bottom of the register and then they disappear and do not show in the account register, The "ONE Step" update box shows "0" transactions downloaded for that bank and account. This issue only occurs with the Tangerine Bank in all accounts. I have been dealing with them for 3 months and no luck. Appreciate your comments.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Jared for your information, I have completed all those tasks and still no go. I do not receive any error messages, the download of the account transactions works fine, when I click on the download for it to enter into Quicken the onestep summary update opens and the transactions flash for a second in the "Download Transaction" area at the bottom of the register and then they disappear and do not show in the account register, The "ONE Step" update box shows "0" transactions downloaded for that bank and account. This issue only occurs with the Tangerine Bank in all accounts. I have been dealing with them for 3 months and no luck. Appreciate your comments.
    Hello @Tour Guide

Thanks for checking back in with me and letting me know about the results of that test data file, and for providing those helpful screenshots. I do apologize that this issue is continuing across both data files.

When you mention that you have been dealing with Tangerine.ca for 3 months, do you mean that you have previously spoken with their support team? Given the presence of this problem in multiple data files, it does seem as though the information is being sent to the Quicken program in a way that is preventing the transactions from appearing as they should. 

Some other thoughts that occur to me: do you have automatic entry of your transactions into your register enabled in your original data file? Also, you could try clicking the green Reset button just above the register if it appears, as this will clear any active filters that may obscure transactions within the register, itself.

Beyond that, it may be necessary to reach out to Tangerine.ca support if you have not already done so. I do recommend requesting to speak with a 'Tier 2' representative or escalations team when doing this, as these individuals can be more knowledgable about third-party software, such as Quicken.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Tour Guide
    Tour Guide Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the quick reply Jared.. and no joy on the above options... I have been with Tangerine for years and only in the last 3 months has this issue started, before that all my downloads worked. I have been in touch with Tangerine Tech and I believe they are at a loss as to why this is happening, My other banks and credit cards all work fine with the downloads. I will continue with Tangerine support as the issue is with their bank. Thank you for your effort and suggestions. Cheers, Duane
This discussion has been closed.