Quicken disappears when minimizing

Options
I can have Quicken open full screen. If I choose to minimize the window it disappears entirely. The image of it is still available when hovering above the taskbar icon. I can choose Maximize and see Quicken full screen again, but I have no way to size a window for Quicken instead of choosing full screen.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can have Quicken open full screen. If I choose to minimize the window it disappears entirely. The image of it is still available when hovering above the taskbar icon. I can choose Maximize and see Quicken full screen again, but I have no way to size a window for Quicken instead of choosing full screen.
    Hello @Richard181

I am sorry to hear about this unusual problem with the program disappearing when you try to minimize the Quicken window. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance.

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

I hope to hear more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every window in Windows has three icons in the upper right hand corner: Minimize, Maximize or Restore, Exit.
    Clicking the Q icon in the upper left corner should give you a popup with similar options.
    While running maximized, instead of clicking Minimize, have you tried clicking Restore? That should reduce the window in size back to a partial screen. And from there you should be able to size and position the window by dragging the window borders.
This discussion has been closed.