Windows v Mac version?

Options
RA22
RA22 Member
I currently use the windows version using parallels and would prefer to use the Mac version to increase performance. Is the functionality similar?

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    There are some differences between the two programs; some Mac users still use the Windows version as you do. Since you already have a Mac, the best thing would be to install QMac & import your data file so you can run the two side by side & determine if the Mac version meets your needs.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There are similarities - and there are marked differences. Win had more features as Mac is still catching up. In my opinion, QMac has a much better interface and better flexibility in the register display.  It is difficult to compare as each individual user has their own personal preferences,

I would strongly urge you to download and install QMac - with your subscription, you have access to both the Win and Mac versions.
    Convert a copy of your Win file.and then run the two versions side by side for a period of time.
    You have your old familiar Win version while you work up the learning curve for QMac.
    You will then be in a position to decide which version best suits your needs.

EWIW, I have been running both versions for several yrars now - it is one my hobbies.
    If forced to choose, I would probably go with QMac.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RA22 said:
    I currently use the windows version using parallels and would prefer to use the Mac version to increase performance. Is the functionality similar?
    Speaking about performance ...
    How much RAM have you allocated to Parallels?
    What version of Windows are you running?
    In a Windows PC environment, you need at least 8 GB RAM to be able to run Windows + browser + email + Quicken with acceptable performance. More RAM would be better.
    If possible, increase the amount of RAM allocated to Parallels + Windows + + + ...

This discussion has been closed.