Capital One 360 (QMAC)

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Capital One 360 Account Update Issue.

Comments

• ThomF
    ThomF Member
    I have the same issue on Quicken for Mac. I had two listing checking accounts with Capital One 360. I have since added a new credit card account and none of them are downloading update account activity.
  • I have the same issue. Have had Capital One 360 accounts for years and recently they stopped updating. Quicken tells me I need to reconfirm with Capital One and it goes through a process that seems like is working but at the end I get an error message that says:
    Institution Login Sync Error
    Warning
    We had a problem syncing this institution login:
    Capital One 360
    Please try again. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.
    Error code: BID = 1236
  • The error is definitely persisting so I would appreciate a fix.
  • It's all types of accounts: checking, savings, credit card
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

I apologize that you are experiencing these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, is everyone receiving a BID error message described by @buschma1550? Also, are any of you making use of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), pop-up blockers, antivirus software, or new firewall settings? It may be necessary to remove these in order to troubleshoot this issue further, as these items can cause connectivity problems resulting in error message such as these.

I look forward to hearing more about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared  
  • Todd D
    Todd D Member ✭✭
    I'm trying to add a new Capital One 360 account ( I have 2 others. One seems to work Ok, The other seems to have stopped downloading info). I go through the authorization process and I'm told "Your accounts have been authorized successfully!". Then it goes back to Quicken and I get the error... Institution Login Sync Error - Error code: BID = 1236 "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers". I've been trying for 2 days with the same results. No VPN, pop up blockers or any of that. The error happens in Quicken. As I said, I can download from one of my other Capital One accounts fine it seems. Very frustrating.
  • Tina M
    Tina M Member
    I am having the exact same issues as the others. Is there a fix yet?
  • Tried to sync with Capital One last evening for a long standing credit card account. Changed my Capital One userid and password prior to attempting a sync. Same steps done for 3 other accounts at other financial associations that all worked fine. Quicken asks me to re-establish login credentials and provides a [login] button. Same error is returned for past 18 hours: Server Communication Error ... Institution Login Sync Error
    Warning
    We had a problem syncing this institution login:
    Capital One Card Services

Please try again. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support.

I'm confident of entering the correct new credentials as I've connected to Capital One with the new id & password on two different online platforms.
  • Todd D
    Todd D Member ✭✭
    Hey @quicken jared is there any new on a fix for this. I haven't seen any response that indicates this problem is being worked on. Is there an ETA for a fix? Thanks!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• gmart65
    gmart65 Member
    Am having the very same issue, only it happened after my wife and I added on a joint checking account, a credit card and a business checking account. It also no longer connects to our standing credit card account. Quite frustrating.
This discussion has been closed.