New Chase Account Authorization Issues

Answers

• rdclawn
    rdclawn Member ✭✭✭
    I am getting the same reauthorization request for my Bank of America credit card. I tried it a couple of days ago and it created a totally new account which I deleted. Everything seems normal I will not reauthorize my BOA and Chase accounts until this process is corrected.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    The past few days everything has functioned normally and I'm no longer getting reauthorization popups or duplicate accounts/transactions. I believe the steps described in this thread by several people ultimately worked. Unless that changes, I'm declaring victory.

For anyone who's still experiencing issues I encourage them to try the fixes described and if that fails bite the bullet and call Support.
  • the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    It didn't sound like Quicken was going to respond if there were any plans to delay the migration from Monday, September 26th since some people were still experiencing problems.  So, I bit the bullet and ran the Chase migration from Direct Connect to EWC+.  It went through okay, but I will carefully watch what happens for at least a week.  It mentioned it downloaded transactions for the last 2,370 days but it didn't import any transactions that I needed to accept.  However, after it completed it looked like it was hung (screen greyed out and froze) for 5+ minutes.  It didn't clear up on it's own, but went back to normal when I clicked on an account.

I followed the advice of others (thanks!) regarding taking backups, etc prior and validating balances and transaction counts afterwards.  So, if any problems develop on subsequent OSU's, I have a fall-back.

• DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    Just did the Chase update using suggested method by anemicscarecrow  from 9/12 comment.  Worked just fine.  Now at R43.32 Windows Premier Q. with Chase EWC+.  

Only had two duplicate transactions in one Chase account, just deleted them.
    Many Thanks..
  • sizlegal
    sizlegal Member ✭✭
    I updated Quicken, I got the message to update Chase, when I clicked on it it did nothing, I'm 73 and not so savvy anymore not sure how to proceed from what I've read. Can someone help me. thank you
  • jimshu1
    jimshu1 Member ✭✭✭
    Yep, I understand. It's where we all will be going.

Don't feel bad about it.

Simplify your expectations and what you really need to track. Quicken might not be right for you anymore. I'm close to that decision myself.
    Quicken Deluxe for Windows. Latest subscription version. I've been a user for decades.

- Jim S.
  • the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    I updated Quicken, I got the message to update Chase, when I clicked on it it did nothing, I'm 73 and not so savvy anymore not sure how to proceed from what I've read. Can someone help me. thank you

@sizlegal@aol.com I certainly understand how you feel, my suggestion would be;

1)  Make sure you're updated to the latest Quicken version.
    2)  Go to your Chase account, click the Details, click the Online Services Tab, and verify that the connection type is "Direct Connect" and not EWC+.

If the connection type is "Direct Connect" and it still doesn't run the migration steps when you try, my suggestion is to contact Quicken Support.  Through a Chat have them walk through the migration with you.  They will be able to see your screen and verify the steps.  They will be able to resolve any problems with your file too.

I would also make sure you run the One Step Update under Direct Connect first and create a Full Backup, before contacting Quicken Support.
  • sizlegal
    sizlegal Member ✭✭
    > @DRMick said:
    > Just did the Chase update using suggested method by anemicscarecrow  from 9/12 comment.  Worked just fine.  Now at R43.32 Windows Premier Q. with Chase EWC+.  
    >
    > Only had two duplicate transactions in one Chase account, just deleted them.
    > Many Thanks..

Where did you find this? I searched could not find
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    sizlegal said:
    > @DRMick said:
    > Just did the Chase update using suggested method by anemicscarecrow  from 9/12 comment.  Worked just fine.  Now at R43.32 Windows Premier Q. with Chase EWC+.  
    >
    > Only had two duplicate transactions in one Chase account, just deleted them.
    > Many Thanks..

Where did you find this? I searched could not find
    You can scroll back to 9/12 or search anemicscarecrow.

There was a step by step procedure there.
  • Arpit
    Arpit Member ✭✭✭
    Coming here to say that after migrating to EWC, my chase accounts have not been downloading transactions. @heycasey is there a fix for this as yet?

• JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't checked today but still see Quicken announcement about the issue and no fix. https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7919838/ongoing-9-24-22-chase-no-downloaded-transactions#latest
  • JRod
    JRod Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well, here we go again. Looks like Quicken's end of September deadline for Chase conversion has broken something.  EWC+ download of transactions were working fine but now I haven't been able to get any new Chase transactions seems since Sept 21st.  I seem to be experiencing what others have been reporting with the downloads not working, and I am having the issue after converting all my Chase Accounts to EWC+.  What is going on Quicken?  
  • DRMick
    DRMick Member ✭✭✭
    After Successfully upgrading Chase to EWC+ this weekend, I just ran OSU for Monday night. About a months load of duplicate transactions were downloaded. After confirming the were duplicates, I used the quick delete process . 1. Select the first transaction in the download box 2. hold the CTRL key down and move the cursor down to select the rest of the following transactions. 3. Click DELETE We'll see what happens tomorrow.
  • maaindy
    maaindy Member ✭✭
    Same problem as Tgreen1111. With Chase and now with Bank of America. Very annoying
  • gsakal02134
    gsakal02134 Member ✭✭
    For what it’s worth, I am still able to download transactions via the Direct Connect method. I’ve been waiting to hit a wall that will tell me that I must convert my Chase Visa account, but so far, that hasn’t happened.
  • BravoMaine
    BravoMaine Member ✭✭
    Before I reauthorized Chase to communicate with Quicken I had one Amazon credit card account. Now I have two identical ones, with different names.
  • gsakal02134
    gsakal02134 Member ✭✭
    That's exactly what happened to me on my initial attempt to perform the conversion. Like you, I also have a single Chase-Amazon Visa account. After the conversion, the new account had all my transactions, including "Pending" transactions, so the balance was off. In addition, all the categories and tags were scrambled.

I restored from a pre-conversion backup, and since then, have continued to download transactions in the former manner, with DirectConnect. I'm not sure what I'll do when DirectConnect is no longer available. Unless this conversion thing gets fixed, I guess I'll start downloading and importing a Chase .qfx file.
  • bdahl305
    bdahl305 Member ✭✭
    i had to restore from backup, after what seems like 3 quicken updates from quicken, they may finally have it working. what a nightmare. finally downloading transactions without duplicating the whole register. wish there was an alternative to quicken. and ive heard the mac version pales in comparison.
  • gsakal02134
    gsakal02134 Member ✭✭
    Well, the Mac version is improving, but it is missing some key features. There's a comparison chart somewhere on the Quicken site that highlights the differences. I run Quicken on a VMWare Fusion Win10 machine on my iMac.

In Quicken's defense, this was a change initiated by Chase. Clearly, there were some serious miscommunications in the process. Good to know you've got it working. I'll try again with my next update.
  • sizlegal
    sizlegal Member ✭✭
    Help,
    Ive seen numerous times people use the term OSU, what does that mean? My chase migration is not working so well, Everything is up to date, when I do it I connect and it changes all of my balances. I can't seem to find duplicate entries, i've been using this since 2005 and there are thousands of entries. Thank you for any help in advance.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    @sizlegal OSU is One Step Update. You can set settings for what it updates when you click the Update Now button.
  • sizlegal
    sizlegal Member ✭✭
    Thank you @Bob. didn't figure that one out.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Before I reauthorized Chase to communicate with Quicken I had one Amazon credit card account. Now I have two identical ones, with different names.
    If one is a duplicate account created by the conversion that doesn't contain all your historical transactions while the original account does, this is what worked for me and several others in this and similar threads:

1. Back up to a safe place.
    2. Make sure you have the current update of Quicken.
    3. Run a validate on your data file to identify and correct any old garbage data.
    4. Make a note of the closing balance and total # of transactions on the original account.
    5. Under Register Preferences / Downloading Transactions, make sure the box for "automatically add" are NOT checked.
    6. Deactivate both Chase accounts via Account List / Edit / Online services. Don't reactivate or reset them.
    7. Delete the newer renamed account. Don't delete the original one.
    8. Click the Add Account tab. Select Chase from the financial institution list. This should run you through the whole conversion process from scratch and give you the opportunity to link to your original file. You should then have only ONE account, though it might have a slightly different name. This setup process may not download any transactions to the merged account but it should contain all your old ones. 
    9. Check Account List / Edit / Online services to verify that the active connection is EWC+, not Direct Connect.
    10. Check the Update settings to make sure the right accounts are selected. Run a One Step Update.
    This took a long time because it was connecting to the Cloud, but eventually everything came back to normal and it's been working fine ever since. 

• Srajer
    Srajer Member
    Every time I try to authorize on CHASE after logging in and following prompts I get a blank screen -- I've tried disabling pop up blocker but to no avail.
  • Before taking any actions I printed the duplicate account transactions. After completing mpagano's steps, I deleted the duplicate account and renamed the original account the duplicate account's name. I logged into Chase and was able to direct connect bringing in the transactions which matched those on the print-out. Hopefully, one-step update works in a few days.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Srajer said:
    Every time I try to authorize on CHASE after logging in and following prompts I get a blank screen -- I've tried disabling pop up blocker but to no avail.

Posted the solution for this, at least for me, half a dozen times. No one has ever tried, commented or agreed or disagreed.

Start your browser in SAFE MODE and keep it open before you ever touch reauthorize in Quicken. Let me know. Assuming someone will try this :)

Popup blocker is not enough to disable. Especially in Firefox.
  • dmhump1
    dmhump1 Member ✭✭✭
    Bob. said:
    Srajer said:

Posted the solution for this, at least for me, half a dozen times. No one has ever tried, commented or agreed or disagreed.

Start your browser in SAFE MODE and keep it open before you ever touch reauthorize in Quicken. Let me know. Assuming someone will try this :)

That may be because many of us didn't have any problem with our browsers opening a blank screen. In  my case the browser wasn't even involved. The conversion appeared to work as intended, except that it didn't.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    dmhump1 said:
    Bob. said:
    Srajer said:

That may be because many of us didn't have any problem with our browsers opening a blank screen. In  my case the browser wasn't even involved. The conversion appeared to work as intended, except that it didn't.

Actually, I posted once, then after everyone who said they got blocked at a blank page. Not for everyone, of course as so far I have seen 6 or 10 with a blank page issue. No one ever replied. So I do not know if that solution was unique to me or not. I suspect not. But there is no feedback. Hence a bit of frustration.

Seems there are other addons other than popup blockers that need safe mode to deactivate and allow Chase to complete for some browsers and some users. Hopefully someone will post their experience.
This discussion has been closed.