Are they going to fix issues with BOA not downloading transactions

Options
Since the new security change with BOA...transactions are no longer being sent to my BOA registry. I am doing it manually. So at this point why am I paying for a subscription when I can do it in Excel. If I have to do it Manually

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dwitkamp - have you called Q helpdesk? I am also a Bofa customer - had absolutely no problems downloading transactions since the new security change
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    After I enter a new scheduled payment in the BOA Bill Pay site, these scheduled payments are not downloaded.  Best I can tell, I must now duplicate/manually enter any payments in both BOA and Quicken for my Quicken Register to properly show balances in the future.  Hopefully when the payment actually CLEARS it will show in the BOA download and (hopefully) find the payment info correctly (and not duplicate it again)...time will tell.  This is becoming a very ugly process and greatly reduces the value of Quicken for me.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Art Masson

I also bank at BofA, but not a large user of online bill pay.  

did this issue begin once the connection was upgraded?  and prior to that time, you were able to download your online bill pay transactions that were to be paid in the future? 
  • Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, this began after the "downgrade" to a one-way connection with BOA -- the so called "upgrade".  I now have to do duplicate manual entries in both BOA and Quicken to maintain my register balance.  I could start to use Quicken's Bill Pay, but I refuse to pay the extra cost for that after the initial free period.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Art Masson- although we may never know, I wonder if it was Quicken who designed it this way or the Bank?  I used to work at BofA and OnLine Bill Pay was considered one of the 'sticker' products the bank offered, meaning on line bill pay customers were unlikely to move their banking business elsewhere because of the time and effort required to set up all those bill pay transactions at another institution. 

• Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Mark1104 -- Yes, that's a good question.  Is it BOA that now only downloads transactions after execution...or do they also provide the scheduled payment transactions with the new interface ... and Quicken has decided to ignore them.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Chris_QPW - the article appears to describe what happens when using Quicken's bill pay app.   what is discussed in this thread is using BofA's Online Bill Pay (OLB) and why the transactions CREATED IN THE BANK APP no longer download to Quicken.  These are future dated transactions that have yet to occur. 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mark1104 said:
    @Chris_QPW - the article appears to describe what happens when using Quicken's bill pay app.   what is discussed in this thread is using BofA's Online Bill Pay (OLB) and why the transactions CREATED IN THE BANK APP no longer download to Quicken.  These are future dated transactions that have yet to occur. 
    It is Direct Connect that allows the syncing of the bank's bill system to Quicken, without it, no syncing of that information, in either direction.  Commands from Quicken can't be sent to the banks bill paying system, and information about future bank payments can't be synced down to Quicken.  It is all one system, that goes away.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.