Quicken stopped downloading all accounts

Options
When I try to download any of my accounts, the screen flashes and that is it. Nothing happens. I think it may have to do with the new Microsoft update. Please advise.

Comments

• dclifton
    dclifton Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also have the same problem. No account of any type will download transactions. I never see the password entry dialog box for any of them. After selecting the download transactions, it just blinks and then does nothing further. I've reset one of the accounts and it still does not let me download any transactions.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BJProvow said:
    When I try to download any of my accounts, the screen flashes and that is it. Nothing happens. I think it may have to do with the new Microsoft update. Please advise.
    Hello @BJProvow and @dclifton,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with online banking services and One Step Updates. Thank you for discussing this with us here on the Quicken Community. 

First, are you noticing that this problem is affecting accounts affected with multiple financial institutions? If so, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the instructions provided below:
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Let us know how this works! 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you suspect that a Windows Update, most likely the one installed on or about 10/12/22, is causing problems ... how about you remove this Windows Update and see if it resolves the problem. If it does, contact Microsoft Windows Support to report the issue.
  • dclifton
    dclifton Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have removed the Microsoft update from 10/12/22 (KB5018410) and it did *not* solve the issue. I've also tried the issue with Quicken versions: R44.23 and R44.27 and neither of them work either. For me, the last transaction updates I had on any account was near the 10/08/2022 date. I can not account for any other changes that might have introduced this. I have accounts at multiple large banks and a few credit unions and smaller regional banks and none appear to work as before that time period.
    POSSIBLE WORKAROUND or CHANGE: I notice in my testing that if I used the OneStep Update button to get the transactions, I did get the password prompt box. I have never updated using that and usually just tap on the 'Downloaded Transactions(0)' panel near the bottom to invoke the password box and to then download the transactions for the particular account I am working in. That apparently no longer works with any of my testing as outlined above. However, if I now use the OneStep Update and limit it to just the account I am interested in... it *does* appear to work and I was able to download transactions from Bank of America that was failing before. I don't know if anyone else has always learned to update without using the OneStep, but if so, this might account for some of the issues. I will 'train' myself to use the OneStep instead and see if this continues to work. I hope this helps other even if it seems like 'operator error' at this point.
  • Estebanca01
    Estebanca01 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. Unable to download transactions. I click "download transactions" - as I always have - and nothing. Just a slight blink on the screen.
This discussion has been closed.