What symbols to use to download quotes and historical prices - Canadian mutual funds

Options
Serge_Bibeau
Serge_Bibeau Member ✭✭
What would be the symbols to be used to download quotes and historical prices for the following mutual funds...

FER056 Férique Short Term Income
FER058 Férique World Dividende Equity
FER061 Ferique Canadian Dividend Equity
FER066 Ferique Conservative Portfolio A

I have tried the suggested format "MUTUAL:FER061:TSX" ...does not download any Info...
:/
Can anyone help me ?
Serge

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you using the US or Canadian version of Quicken? I suspect TSX prices are not available in the US version.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Serge_Bibeau
    Serge_Bibeau Member ✭✭
    Options
    Using Canadian version and have been downloading info from tsx for many years without any problem
  • Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Serge_Bibeau the referenced funds can be added as follows... Open your security list, click add security, type "FER" in the box that says "Enter Name or Symbol", click on the Mutual Fund tab. I see all of them listed there. You do need to select the "Mutual Fund" exchange, not TSX. However, I added one of these funds as a test and I see it is not downloading data. You'll have to contact Quicken support about this issue.
  • Serge_Bibeau
    Serge_Bibeau Member ✭✭
    Options
    Artic Hare
    I had gone the same path with the same resultat.
    That's why I posted my question and contacting Quicken support twas to be my next step.
    Thank you for taking the time to comment.
    Serge
  • Arctic Hare
    Options
    @Serge_Bibeau I also recommend using the "Report a Problem" feature that is built into Quicken to report this issue. Using that feature transmits data to Quicken that may help them isolate and resolve issues. I recommend doing both the built-in Report a Problem and contacting Quicken Support.
  • Serge_Bibeau
    Serge_Bibeau Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, will do :)
  • Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. You go to your security list
    2. Clic on Add security
    3. Enter your symbol, for exemple FER056
    4. choose tab "Mutual fund"
    5. Select your fund and clic NEXT
    6. On the window "review the details for this new security", change  the "security type - stock" for "Mutual Fund".
    It should work. I've tried this and it works.
  • Serge_Bibeau
    Serge_Bibeau Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Valderi!
    Went back to edit the security just to realise that I had mutual funds as the exchange instead of Toronto!
    Serge
  • Arctic Hare
    edited October 2022
    Options
    In my experience, all Canadian Mutual Funds - for Quicken's purposes - trade on the "Mutual Fund" exchange. Price data for the particular funds being discussed here doesn't download for me regardless of the exchange I select. I download prices for many other funds daily - all from the "Mutual Fund" exchange - and I am not currently experiencing issues outside of the fund series discussed here. Hence why I recommended contacting Quicken support.

@Valderi - did you confirm that you got the price data for these funds to download? Yes, they can be setup, but does the price data download?

P.S. Quicken's price data download for mutual funds does not provide historical prices, only current prices - from the "Mutual Fund Exchange".
  • Serge_Bibeau
    Serge_Bibeau Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    After a couple of days, I confirm that the daily prices are downloading but not the historical prices.
    I shall contact Intuit Support to see if this problem can be rectified.
    Thank you for your help !
    Serge
This discussion has been closed.