Converting Quicken 2011 Files to Quicken 2015

Options
SH62
SH62 Member
I've opened the 2011 file with Quicken 2015 and converted it. When the file first opens in Quicken 2015 I can see the accounts but then the screen "blinks" and goes blank. Do I have to convert the Quicken 2011 file to another version before opening it in Quicken 2015?

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No.  But you should just convert to 2013.  Stop at 2013.  Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013.

2013 should run on Newer Windows.  You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken 

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See this thread, it pretty much covers why you are having the issue with QW2015:

Same applies to QW2014 thru QW2017, Quicken broke the installation/registration process.
    If you are going to upgrade, follow @volvogirl 's advice and only go to QW2013.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• SH62
    SH62 Member
    Options
    volvogirl
    November 1
    No. But you should just convert to 2013. Stop at 2013. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013.

2013 should run on Newer Windows. You can download 2013 Deluxe for free using this how to convert article. It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken

I've been using 2015 for years, the 2011 file is Financial records for an organisation that I belong to that I need to open.

If I installed 2013 on my computer would it wipe out the 2015 version that I currently have?
  • volvogirl
    Options
    Oh, in that case ignore my post about 2013.  Thought you were just converting all your data files now.   Have you opened that 2011 file in 2015 before?  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• SH62
    SH62 Member
    Options
    volvogirl
    2:02PM
    Oh, in that case ignore my post about 2013. Thought you were just converting all your data files now. Have you opened that 2011 file in 2015 before?

No, I just got the file.
  • JTReiner
    JTReiner Member
    Options
    We just tried to install a new version of quicken and it wiped out our data file rather than importing it. Why? How do I recover?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JTReiner said:
    We just tried to install a new version of quicken and it wiped out our data file rather than importing it. Why? How do I recover?
    If you just installed QW2014 thru QW2017, it isn't a problem with your data file, it is a problem with the program's registration.  See this thread: Migrating Quicken 2017 from old to new computer - Quicken Data Access Guarantee — Quicken

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.