Accessing the Online Center to make a payment

Options
Until my last update to quicken deluxe I was able to get to the payment section of the online center by clicking on the transactions tab at the bottom of my ledger and then click on make a payment. That option no longer appears and I have to select the online center from the tools menu and then click on the payment tab; much more cumbersome. Is the some way to restore the prior functionality? or any easier way to pull up the payment screen?

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @rmdenmark - With one of the recent version updates Quicken did change some of the look of the Downloaded Transactions tab under the Account Registers.  The functionalities are still there but they have been moved and have new icons.  Here is what I am seeing.  Note that "Set Up Payment" icon will take you to the Online Center.  Are you seeing the same thing?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @rmdenmark

I am not exactly sure how that may have changed when you "updated to Deluxe" but each of the Quicken tiers have their features and nuances.  But, have you considered using "Bill and Income Reminders" for not only making payments, but staying on top of both your upcoming payments and income?

That's the method that I have used for many years and it has suited me well.  Most folks have a number of bills due every month and also income items (e.g. salaries that may be received weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly).  The Bill & Income Reminders can be setup to anticipate those items and other transactions as well.

If you haven't tried it, I suggest that you do that.  Feel free to revert with any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    @rmdenmark - With one of the recent version updates Quicken did change some of the look of the Downloaded Transactions tab under the Account Registers.  The functionalities are still there but they have been moved and have new icons.  Here is what I am seeing.  Note that "Set Up Payment" icon will take you to the Online Center.  Are you seeing the same thing?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• rmdenmark
    rmdenmark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes, Boatnmaniac - I see that now and it works just as the prior button used to - take you right to the payment online center. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.