Quicken cannot find attachment file

Options
Charles Crain
Charles Crain Member ✭✭
Today I made 4 entries with receipt scans to my transaction file. On two of the entries when clicking on the icon to view the attachment it says it can't find the file. However when I click the OK button the attachment appears. It won't allow me to delete it and if I scan it a second time it says it can't find the file but when I click the OK button both attachments appear. What steps are needed to fix this?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Today I made 4 entries with receipt scans to my transaction file. On two of the entries when clicking on the icon to view the attachment it says it can't find the file. However when I click the OK button the attachment appears. It won't allow me to delete it and if I scan it a second time it says it can't find the file but when I click the OK button both attachments appear. What steps are needed to fix this?
    Hello @Charles Crain,   

I am sorry to hear about this issue with adding attachments. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, what file extension option are you selecting from the Add drop-down menu? Quicken supports the following file types: .bmp, .gif, .ico, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, or .tiff file that is up to 5 MB in file size. Also, have you been able to successfully add this file attachment in the past? If so, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then proceed through the steps listed below, in order: 
    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists. 

If you are still noticing difficulties after you have attempted those recommendations, you may try the following: 

1. Navigate to File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Select Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.