Amounted Invested is incorrect.

Options
I can run the investing activity in reports, the Net deposit/withdrawals value is correct, and matches my actual account data. When in portfolio view the amount invested column is incorrect, it should match this number....can't find out what's wrong or where it's calculating from??

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amount Invested has always been inaccurate if you have sold shares of a security. Unlike Cost Basis, Amount Invested does not decrease when you sell shares. It only decreases to zero if you sell all shares.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Livewell
    Livewell Member
    Options
    ok, thanks. Best way to view this info in a summary type view such as portfolio?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally, I don't include inaccurate statistics in my portfolio views. Amount Invested, and all the other statistics which use it as an input, aren't worth looking at unless I know I've never sold any shares of a security. All statistics that start with the word Return (e.g., ROI) are calculated using Amount Invested, and so can also be inaccurate. Better to look at other statistics like Gain/Loss, Avg. Annual Return, and whatever is important to you.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.